Pekin is a belly dragger!

Thanks, Miss Lydia!

I just talked to the vet and she is awake and surgery went perfectly. He said that her uterus ruptured, and she has peritonitis. He pulled a whopping 3 lbs of eggs out of her. She is going to be on antibiotics for a bit, as we see if she can beat this infection. The vet is also giving her a hormone injection to try to stop her from producing more eggs while she recovers.

He told me that with peritonitis, the prognosis wasn't great, but she is a fighter, so I am remaining positive.
Thanks for the update, goodness that is amazing 3lbs of eggs. I sure hope she can beat this infection and gets well very soon. I can tell she is much loved.
hugs.gif

Thanks for the update, goodness that is amazing 3lbs of eggs. I sure hope she can beat this infection and gets well very soon. I can tell she is much loved.
hugs.gif

She has been great since I brought her home! She gets a dose of anti inflammatory (Metacam) each morning along with her doxy. She has been eating and drinking like a champ, and has done a wonderful job of leaving her incision alone! I think this lucky duck is going to pull through!

She's decided that the room she is recovering in is hers, and as soon as I set her food and water down she chases me out! LOL! She's a very strong willed bird.

Last edited:
She has been great since I brought her home! She gets a dose of anti inflammatory (Metacam) each morning along with her doxy. She has been eating and drinking like a champ, and has done a wonderful job of leaving her incision alone! I think this lucky duck is going to pull through!

She's decided that the room she is recovering in is hers, and as soon as I set her food and water down she chases me out! LOL! She's a very strong willed bird.
Great news!! So what color are you going to paint her bedroom and will she have a twin or full size bed?
wink.png

Thanks so much for update.

Back
Top Bottom