Pekin & Khaki Campbell mixed ducklings

MotherDucker13

In the Brooder
Jul 26, 2020
So I have recently become a crazy duck lady and for some unknown reason decided to incubate some eggs from the coop. I have only have boy khakis, (unless one of my pekins is a very loud boy without a drake feather) so I am confident it's a mixed breed duckling! I have only seen a few pictures of the possible khaki campbell×pekin offspring, so I am very excited for what I may get.

That being said, I lost power for over 24hrs last week, and somehow I only lost 1 egg. I am also convinced they may not survive hatching due to the incubator getting as low as 80 degrees F. when I lost power, but everything seems to be trucking along perfectly! All 4 eggs have movement and clear veins, and the air sacs are beginning to angle right on schedule.
They are due to hatch August 18th, so it's very close now. I am anticipating them coming early, because my luck works that way. I will keep you all updated, but things are looking good thus far!

Depending upon how long the temperature was low, they may actually have an extended incubation period, but viability should not be impacted. Good luck for a successful hatch.

Sorry it's late, but we ended up with 2 ducklings, 8 and 9 days old now! One appears to be a mix (pekhaki, haha) while the other is clearly 100% khaki campbell. They ended up imprinting on us. The one that was born a day before the other imprinted on me, while the other imprinted on my boyfriend due to him spending the last few hours helping him out of being shrink wrapped. I was sure that one wasn't going to survive past a day or two, but they are doing well!
Unfortunately, the babies don't like one another and bite at each other whenever they manage to get close enough. I am not sure how to combat that before it becomes a problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
(I will try to attach a picture, but I know it may not work)

Attachments

• 20200822_222012.jpg
    20200822_222012.jpg
    527.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 20200824_204137_1598316194443_001.jpg
    20200824_204137_1598316194443_001.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 40
P.s. they still hatched early despite the power outage bringing down the incubator for a while. They were due the 18th but came the 16th and 17th!

Back
Top Bottom