Pekin V.S Brahma bantam (your thoughts?)

Pekin or Brahma bantam?

• Pekin

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Brahma

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WalnutTree

Songster
Jun 26, 2020
WA Seattle
Hello!! I'll be getting chicks in April 2021 from Meyer Hatchery, and guys, I know chicken math. But my beginners mind telling me i shouldn't go over 11 chickens for a first time chick-raiser. Am I right? Wrong?
Also, I've been deciding between a Cochin bantam and a Brahma bantam. Not looking for anything particular except an overall friendly docile flock(this will be a mixed flock of submissive standards and bantams). If anyone has any experience with either, information would be extremely useful.

Also, as anyone ever raised Golden Comets? Would one be a good addition to my bantam\(submissive)standard flock? Any information with this will also be greatly excepted.

I have two cochin bantams (one of which is pictured in my avatar). I absolutely love them. They are cute, friendly, hardy, and all around great.
I've never owned any brahma bantams, so I can't say anything about them.
I would not recommend a golden comet. They are bred to lay a lot of eggs in the first two years of their lives, and then die. They often don't make it past 5 years old. That's fine if you just want chickens for egg production, but not if you are keeping chickens as pets.

Back
Top Bottom