Peking won't eat

Imquackingup

Chirping
5 Years
Dec 18, 2016
SW Ohio
My 3yr old female Peking hasn't eaten in 4 days. I don't have access to a Vet that treats ducks. What can I do? She won't even eat any treats. Her poop is like an emerald green. None of my other ducks has that color. She's drinking water but that's all. I didn't see any green poop today so that tells me she hasn't got anything to poop out.

You need to tube feed her if you want her to recover.
here is the info https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/tube-feeding-ducks-updated-5-7-2020.1211994/
Another thing could she have gotten into something toxic?
Going 4 days already without eating sure sounds like she is pretty sick.
What all have you done for her so far?
I put sugar in her water tonight to hopefully give her some energy. Tomorrow I'm gonna get her some worms because she usually goes crazy for them. I'm also gonna get her some B complex tomorrow.

She is in her coop with her sister and a heat lamp. I can't bring her inside as we have too many cats and dogs inside.
She's doing worse. I tried electrolyte and probiotic which she won't drink. She had been eating worms but that's all. Today she is off balance, not walking well.

Maybe this has already been asked but is a vet an option?
There are no vets near that will do ducks . But she won't even drink now and tries to eat worn and can't seem to get her mouth to open. She's so weak we were able to pick her up and I tried to get her mouth open but couldn't. Almost like it was locked shut. I'm going to beg a nearby vet to euthanize tonight. Hope they have enough compassion to do that. I can't see her suffer any more.😓

So no vets will put my duck down. I did notice that she's trying to eat but doesn't seem to be able to swallow. Is there anything that might be causing that? I tried to look in her mouth but her mouth wouldn't open

Back
Top Bottom