Pendulum test, day 1... * 7-WEEK UPDATE *

Sounds intriguing.

Just to play Devil's advocate, I wonder how much this trick works by mental suggestion... For example, if you're holding a needle over a male person, you might subconsciously move the thread a bit just to start the motion you'd expect to see for a male.

I wonder what would happen if you hung a needle from an inanimate item (for example a lamp over a table) so that another human wasn't holding the string. If the same thing happened as when a human held the string, you'd know mental suggestion had nothing to do with the answer you got.

I'm off to go look for some science about this... I understand that bodies give off some kinds of forces naturally, but I never heard about differences for the genders. I wouldn't automatically disbelieve it, but as I'm a big nerd, I like to see the science, too.
smile.png

that is a really neat way of sexing chicks - wondering try it with sex links and see how accurate that is - that is supposed to be accurate too right?
michelle

The Chicken Lady... lemme tell ya, I really wanted all of mine to show up as hens.
tongue.png
If the needle started to sway back and forth instead of in a circle, I would sit there a little longer with that particular egg hoping it would change pattern to signify a hen instead of a rooster. No such luck. So I'm just rolling with the punches and seeing how it goes.

I have used the needle and cotten methord for a couple of years. Started off as a bit of fun, then realized it worked.
I put the chick on its own then test without having my hand underneath it.
One thing I did find was testing eggs. firtile eggs the needle does a circle a non firtile egg the needle does not move.
works on all living animals give it a go.

I am so trying this...I was going to try it today but with not luck because of the rain we got BUT. Tomorrow no rain in sight so I am so going to try this I will post my results when I get them and keep a update this is so neat.

I tried this on my family members all showed correct a circle for us girls and a straight line for the boys. Everyone had a go at it and each time the same results.

Ok, so I tried it lol. First I tested it on critters that I know the sex of(rats, cats, dog..though he didn't want to sit still lol)

But according to this method...
2 of the orpingtonXamericauna chicks are hens, Radar (blind) I'm undecided. I'll try again later.

3 of 5 guineas are hens, two boys
smile.png
(painted one nail with black nail polish)

Quote:
I know, it does this with me too. Especially over the people heads...

I tested each baby again today, without looking at toe marks, with the same results as yesterday. 4 splash boys, 2 splash girls; 1 blue boy, 3 blue girls.

Kind of surprised that there are so many splashes compared to blues, and no blacks. Well, there is one questionable blue with darker feathers, but some feathers are looking very blue, not black.

The chicks are 13 days old today, and two have started to develop obvious pink in their combs. I took pictures, but the color isn't coming out right and you can't see the pink. They are two that had previously tested as boys.

Pulled out the trusty needle and thread, and re-tested them. Still showing boys.

Day 1 of test, I labeled this chick Blue Boy 1:
13038_blue_boy.jpg

Today his comb is bigger and pinker than most of the others:
13038_pb040009.jpg

Day 1 of test, I labeled this chick Splash Boy 1:
13038_splash_boy_1.jpg

Today his comb is bigger and pinker than most of the others:
13038_pb040002.jpg

And now one of a chick who tested girl, still tests girl, for comb comparison:
13038_pb040001.jpg

Ah, man! How awesome!
clap.gif

I know my DH used the divining rod (two metal cut off clothes hangers) to find where we should dig our well during a horrible drought about 25 years ago, we hit water at 24 ft. and we have had wonderful water ever since so I believe the needle and thread could be very accurate with eggs and chicks.
Imagine, the hatcheries could use this thread method instead of trying to sex the chicks with "professional experts"!
ep.gif

I've found water pipes with metal rods before. I'm not sure how much I trust holding a needle and thread though. It seems too easy to accidentally influence it. I don't think it would work on a large scale with lots of different untrained and possibly very skeptical people. Lots of possible problems. Also some people for one reason or another can't get things like this or finding water to work even if they have the attitude about it.

Back
Top Bottom