Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Quote:
The mystery has been solved as to where the little chicky came from. My hubby found out today that his brother, who is our landlord and rightful owner of our property including my hen house
tongue.gif
---came and put the little chick in my coop early yesterday morning. Not knowing it was in there, I had opened the coop door and it just slipped out unnoticed with the other hens.... so, he says it is a Aracauna, but I couldn't find any photos of one looking like my mystery chick... But after reading through many threads here on BYC, I found that some stores will sell EEs as Aracaunas. So, I think this one is an EE. Here's what she looks like...Yes I found my camera adapter...
woot.gif

106808_new_ee_chicks.jpg

And, here's a shot of my Armoire--re purposed into a nesting center----

106808_nesting_center.jpg

Oh and the top of the nesting center was a safe area for the members of the flock low in the pecking order.. There is even a roosting board up there, which you can't see in the photo... It's comical that a few days ago, Ginger my OEG bantum, was using this safe area....Today he's ruling the roost because the OLD GRUMPY ROO got too mean and I had him relocated up the road to the landlord's place....

Quote:
Wow! That is a great nesting center! I now know NEVER to get rid of an armoire! Thanks for the pic!

Well, slowly the hens are getting rehomed. I feel so sorry for her. If anyone here helped her out personally, or by sending the info to someone who helped out, then thanks! Here is a list of what is still available as of last night:

ENTIRE STANDARD SIZED DIVERSE FLOCK FOR SALE/re-homed by THIS WEEKEND. Lost battle with Hanover Twp.'s newer ordinance to ban raising poultry and bees.

We have mostly STANDARD SIZED HERITAGE PURE BRED hens with a few matching PURE BRED roosters, and a few sex link crosses, RAISED ORGANICALLY. The roosters match the girls since the hatchery made a mistake. Most hens are from $8.00 if you buy/adopt 10 or more of our Brown & Blue/Green Layers, unless they are the White Leghorns, which are $8.00, unless taking 10 or more, then they are $6.00. The 11th chicken can be a FREE MATCHING ROOSTER if you are giving him a 'forever home'. They are from the April 2011 hatch, going on 7 MONTHS OLD and all are now PRIME TIME LAYERS. They are from stock CERTIFIED to be free from Typhoid, Pullorum, and Salmonella, and have been VACCINATED for Marek's disease. They have been raised organically, free from pesticides, herbicides, hormones and antibiotics. They are in a CLOSED FLOCK that is not exposed to wild animals. Fed their feed, scratch corn, and fruits and vegetables from our organic garden. Breeds we have include: BROWN EGG LAYERS, laying extra-large to medium sized sized eggs: (8) HERITAGE RHODE ISLAND REDS with (1) Rooster, (and 4 Commercial RIR Crosses with New Hampshires) - (pure heritage strain with deep rich mahogany feathers, with wings and tails tipped in beetle black), (7) HUBBARD GOLDEN SEX LINKS Hens, (2) BLACK STAR SEX LINKS, (1) HERITAGE Asiatic LIGHT BRAHMA colored black on white, (1) HERITAGE Asiatic BUFF BRAHMA colored black on gold, (2)Heritage NEW HAMPSHIRES, (7) BLACK AUSTRALORPS - National Bird of Australia. GREEN AND BLUE EGG LAYERS, to large size eggs: Ancestry from Chile, South America, (8)ARAUCANA/AMERAUCANA HENS, also known as "Easter Eggers". WHITE EGG LAYERS of large but mostly EXTRA-LARGE White Eggs -(35) WHITE LEG HORNS-Known as the Business Man's Bird for their efficient fed to egg conversion and superior egg laying rates. CREAM/WHITE medium sized egg layers - Asiatic BANTAM WHITE SILKIES TRIO (2) HENS with (1) Rooster.****Telephone 610-867-5975 and ****please leave a message with your name, number and questions or interests, or email us for questions or appointment. (Having computer problems sending/receiving email so email may not be best option). Thanks for reading our listing and hopefully you can offer your support to give our chickens a good forever home. Please pass the word in regard to the availability of our beloved flock. Thank you.

I can not believe the silkies have not been snatched up!!! She had sent me a pic and they are adorable in the pic. If I had means to keep silkies I would have taken them. They are too delicate to hang with my heavy breeds in my unheated coop and outside run in whick they could get wet and muddy...........

Quote:
It is great! I started with 10 as well. And believe me I wish I had built my run larger and I wish I had a bigger coop becaues, well, these guys are like potato chips. You keep wanting more
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
Sorry, should have put that for her. She is in Hannover Township, Bethlehem. Off of airport Road actually. About a couple minutes from rte 22 exit. Hope that helps.

Quote:
The mystery has been solved as to where the little chicky came from. My hubby found out today that his brother, who is our landlord and rightful owner of our property including my hen house
tongue.gif
---came and put the little chick in my coop early yesterday morning. Not knowing it was in there, I had opened the coop door and it just slipped out unnoticed with the other hens.... so, he says it is a Aracauna, but I couldn't find any photos of one looking like my mystery chick... But after reading through many threads here on BYC, I found that some stores will sell EEs as Aracaunas. So, I think this one is an EE. Here's what she looks like...Yes I found my camera adapter...
woot.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/106808_new_ee_chicks.jpg

And, here's a shot of my Armoire--re purposed into a nesting center----

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/106808_nesting_center.jpg

So glad the adapter was located cause we love photos! It's certainly a cutie patutie!

Okay, now that's creative repurposing.. awesome set up!

Back
Top Bottom