Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    MC I found your chicken today

[​IMG]

2. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    OMG, LOL.

From this angle you cannot read the back of the chicken's jacket, but it says "IF YOU CAN READ THIS, MOTORCYCLECHICK FELL OFF!".

3. Baym

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    So which soap would you recommend for a woman with sensitive skin?

4. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Honestly, it depends. Most things break my skin out in hives, but I haven't had that issue with any of the fragrance oils I've used so far. You might try an essential oil soap. The actual base oils I use in mine are for sensitive skin, though some people are more sensitive than I am about fragrance oils. Most don't seem to have a problem with the mint scrubby soap. I don't recommend the salt soap, because it can be very drying! I only use that on my face (oily skin), and during the summer.

So, looking for a soap, check first of all if you can handle fragrance oils (use a glycerine soap from the dollar store, if it doesn't bother you, you should be fine), then look for one that is either pure olive oil or has olive oil listed as the first ingredient (then you can ask them if it's a high OO percentage, above 50%). It'll be a softer soap (dissolves faster in water, gets used up faster), but will be gentle.

ETA: One thing, with ANY lye soap, for women, DO NOT use them in "personal areas" as it'll totally throw off the pH of your who ha and will give you yeast infections.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  5. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I had to check the weather, everyone was talking about the storm, lol. It's only supposed to be 1-3" according to the weather channel, so no worries here anyways. If you need anything though, pick it up now, otherwise the shelves will probably be bare, lol. I'll keep my shovels handy to shovel out everyone who goes off the road here. Two days after the last storm, we had three off the road at once in front of the house. If anyone knows the area, we're at the Rockview prison, and locals all know this to be the worst road in the area! Even after the snow is all cleaned up and other roads are fine, the crazy wind here blows everything right back onto the roads, and by then, the plow trucks are all parked. You'd think they'd do an extra treatment or two here! The prison planted pine trees to help as a wind break, but it's still crazy here.

6. Baym

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    I will have to ask my wife then. I don't think she ever tried goat's milk soap before. I will get back to ya.

7. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I use First Commonwealth. They are the best bank of three in this town.

9. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Oh. Mine isn't in my town. There's only one office, in Harrisburg, but they are awesome. I do everything from home. I can post checks (and have access to the amount IMMEDIATELY), transfer online, etc. Love PSECU. :D

10. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by