Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. fawngrovechad

fawngrovechad Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    Admitting it is step #1!!!! How many hens u got????

2. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, I have 11 LF hens, and many bantam. I'm keeping my Awesome Mix Roo (actually hatched out his boy, just in case...)who I LOVE TO DEATH, and keeping Harley, my gorgeous Lav.Orp. Roo. I'm growing out and hatching out more hens for them right now.

3. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania

There's going to be 5 to 8 Roos on my property :lol:
    GAH HE'S SO CUTE :(
    Oh Sally, I'm downright addicted...

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

5. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Yup, the ones that run right up to you are the best! She's my favorite now, too.

6. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    OK I am not an expert ... did I mention that I am not an expert? Yes, I do believe I said I am not an expert.

Now with that terrible legal disclaimer out of the way, here is what I did on the 2nd night that my little chick had a 3 toes curled up into a ball. SHOES! That's right, I put her foot down on a piece of cardboard, drew an outline around her toes, put her on my shoulder, proceeded to cut out the shoe nice and neat, cleaned off the poop on my shoulder, then cut thin strips of first aid tape, and thin strips of duct tape. I then cleaned off the second round of poop. At this point, I placed a piece of tape upside down and put the shoe over each toe of the shoe cutout. I then put her on top of the cardboard, and slowly straightened out each toe and rapped it with the first aid tape. I only used the duct tape on TOP of the first aid tape to give a tighter more secure fit. For what it is worth, I put shoes on both of her feet. She is doing spectacular today - oh the shoes are off and her toes are almost perfect. She still poops everywhere though.

7. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Sure looks like one to me. Don't worry when her comb gets huge, leghorn hens have big floppy combs.

8. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

9. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop

10. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    This is the silkie/marans cross. I'm sure it's a boy...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by