Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

had a hatch yesterday and last night, some shipped eggs, Brahmas and my bantam cochins, sorry for pictures, i'm not a good picture taker but i try
wink.png

Blarney, Do you have any plans yet for those baby goats when they are born????

My first plan is NOT to screw up their birth....and then, uh well, I haven't gotten very far past that. I will wether the boys and everyone will be disbudded. I'm sure we'll keep at least one, and sell the others.

Pittsburgh, PA! I am looking to get my first pullets. Any suggestions on breeds I should look at?
Welcome and that's a loaded question around here!
He loves the eggs from the farmers market, and is so excited "We won't need to buy eggs soon!!!" He's not the only one, I'm sick of spending the price I do for the eggs and he refuses to eat the "plain" eggs from the store. It's a harness for a teacup size dog, I know it sounds weird but we're leash and harness training some of the "true pet" birds for some of the 4H events, well trying to at least. They're around that age. I got them at TSC and the manager told me they were anywhere from a week to two weeks old as they don't sell as fast as the brown eggers and bantams. Now some of you may remember I said a few weeks ago about having a snake in the attic. Good news: Shot a 4 ft black snake hanging out of the house where some soffiting fell during a windstorm/thunderstorm. Bad news: There are at least 2 more that were too far inside for me to shoot without worrying about them dying in the attic/insulation. I thought there was only ONE!!! I'm so freaked out right now
hide.gif
. Flipping snakes!!!
sickbyc.gif
NOT coming to visit you soon. Not afraid of snakes per se....but don't actively seek them out either.
Hatchery's in Western PA? Or suggestions on trusted sites that ship?
If you look on the map in my signature you'll find people close to you. I personally suggest getting from someone local vs hatchery stock. A. Generally better quality birds. B. They are acclimated for your area!
I brought home all my Blue, Black, Splash & Chocolate Orps and half the ducklings. Even after finally giving them away at the end (buy two, get one free). I traded my MFC roo Byron for a new MFC cockerel. Otherwise, I did not buy any new birds. I bought soap and lotion from Allison (Maggie Mag's) and that's it. You didn't stop to see me?! And you didn't stop to see me either?! I did see Kiomey, but I didn't realize it was you... Or I would have stopped.
If you had ducks, I stopped...cause I can't tell ducks apart LOL
My first plan is NOT to screw up their birth....and then, uh well, I haven't gotten very far past that. I will wether the boys and everyone will be disbudded. I'm sure we'll keep at least one, and sell the others.
I'm thinkin Wing wants one!

I brought home all my Blue, Black, Splash & Chocolate Orps and half the ducklings.  Even after finally giving them away at the end (buy two, get one free).  I traded my MFC roo Byron for a new MFC cockerel.  Otherwise

I did see Kiomey, but I didn't realize it was you... Or I would have stopped.

Ha! We really should get pins or lil vendor signs to put at our booths informing each other when we're from BYC :D

Pittsburgh, PA! I am looking to get my first pullets. Any suggestions on breeds I should look at?
Welcome! I think Barred Rocks are the best around kids. They seem to be the friendliest, good layers of large brown eggs. They will go broody.
I also think you should look for people around you to get chicks from. If hatchery is the way you want to go, Meyer Hatchery is in Polk, OH. You can even drive to get them.
Quote: I haven't had a good hatch yet this year. The three chicks we did get to hatch, two of them got taken by a Fox ( including my favorite chick). So I am
fl.gif
that most of the eggs that my hen is sitting on will hatch.. I guess I just have to wait till the end of the month to find out..
Are you going to the get together in two weeks? I am sure everyone would be happy to help you with your numbers!
Quote: Easter Eggers are a good choice.
Quote:
he.gif
I burned more than twenty a few hours ago. I was cleaning.
hide.gif
I knew I shouldn't have done it.

had a hatch yesterday and last night, some shipped eggs, Brahmas and my bantam cochins, sorry for pictures, i'm not a good picture taker but i try
wink.png
love.gif

Enjoy your freedom while it lasts Houdini! The FENCE commeth.

If this fence doesn't work, DH is going to KILL me.
Thank you for reminding me again why I don't want goats.

Back
Top Bottom