Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

galgo98
Today at 1:29 pm
After the incident we had last year with the goslings, it's best that you not come. BTW, how's the other one doing? I assume it is dead too.

Gee it is so nice to be single handedly basically banned from an event that so called everyone was invited to. This was a response I got when I asked nicely for directions to the picnic/swap. She is banning me because I bought two geese from her last year. One got taken by a Fox last year and the other one sadly got taken this year by a Fox also. Now, how many of us have suffered from predation? This is not fair. I am sorry to have to post this, but I do not stand for being bullied.
Wow.......I lost 4 chickens to a raccoon and 2 other ones just disappeared one night from the coop. Everything was locked up and no feathers or anything on the ground. They just vanished. I would hate to be judged or banned from an event because of it. I was devastated enough.

Does anyone know where I can get a few white leghorn laying hens or pullets that are close to laying in the Pittsburgh area? I lost 4 last night and would really like to get some more. Let me know if anyone knows of something. Thanks.
I have fertile Leghorn eggs if you want to hatch them. Let me know. I'm located just outside of Pittsburgh. If I didn't just fill up my bator I would hatch some for you.

Keep safe everyone!!! These storm are looking like they could be nasty...
This morning was nasty, I thought it was going to be like that all day, then the sun came out, it got dark, went to take the girls in, sun came out! No rain, or any other bad weather! Cross my fingers it stays that way through the evening!!!

Has any one else seen eggs like this? My fav hen lays these and they always have almost like a double membrane? Any idea? Anything to worry about? This was 2 eggs, not a double yoke egg.
umm Yeah.. I have not seen that thank goodness not sure I would eat it! I am sure it is fine, but to "off" looking for me :)
Well we made out pretty good with the storms so far today. Had high winds, broke some branches off trees, had two small trees that are at our chicken run area get broken in half by the wind. But it looks like all of our birds made out good. Got the run cleaned up, branches out, Fed and watered everyone. Now to see what this evening brings.... not looking forward to more..

On a lighter note, today is our 15th wedding anniversary. Hubby took me out to Red Lobster.... yummmmmmm sorry it was very good..
smile.png
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Yum Cheddar Biscuits!!!
galgo98
Today at 1:29 pm
After the incident we had last year with the goslings, it's best that you not come. BTW, how's the other one doing? I assume it is dead too.

Gee it is so nice to be single handedly basically banned from an event that so called everyone was invited to. This was a response I got when I asked nicely for directions to the picnic/swap. She is banning me because I bought two geese from her last year. One got taken by a Fox last year and the other one sadly got taken this year by a Fox also. Now, how many of us have suffered from predation? This is not fair. I am sorry to have to post this, but I do not stand for being bullied.
Well what the heck is that about!! NOT COOL!! Circle of life anyone?
Please stay safe with the next round of storms everyone. We are locking down here. Wind has already picked up.
This weather is strange.. looks like it is going to rain... I dunno.. about to go bring the girls in.

Also Welcome all new comers to BYC!! Woot Woot!!

Thanks for the anniversary congrats.

And I really am sorry I had to post my last message, but I was hurt and upset.

People can be jerks, don't let it get to you :hugs

[COLOR=0000FF]Please stay safe with the next round of storms everyone. We are locking down here. Wind has already picked up.[/COLOR]

More storms??? :barnie   Times like this I hate not having cable or being able to get regular tv reception down in this valley. :he

storms/rain is over Harrisburg, YORK, AND Williamsport. They are heading east. They stretch from the top of the state to the bottom. Just so you know. Looks like there are no severe storm warnings out right now in Pa. NJ, now that is a different story. They are showing possible tornadic activity. THAT IS YOUR WEATHER UPDATE FOR NOW.. LOL

Keep safe everyone!!! These storm are looking like they could be nasty...
This morning was nasty, I thought it was going to be like that all day, then the sun came out, it got dark, went to take the girls in, sun came out! No rain, or any other bad weather! Cross my fingers it stays that way through the evening!!!
Has any one else seen eggs like this? My fav hen lays these and they always have almost like a double membrane? Any idea? Anything to worry about? This was 2 eggs, not a double yoke egg.
umm Yeah.. I have not seen that thank goodness not sure I would eat it! I am sure it is fine, but to "off" looking for me :)
[COLOR=FFA500]Well we made out pretty good with the storms so far today. Had high winds, broke some branches off trees, had two small trees that are at our chicken run area get broken in half by the wind. But it looks like all of our birds made out good. Got the run cleaned up, branches out, Fed and watered everyone. Now to see what this evening brings.... not looking forward to more.. On a lighter note, today is our 15th wedding anniversary. Hubby took me out to Red Lobster.... yummmmmmm sorry it was very good.. :) [/COLOR]
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Yum Cheddar Biscuits!!!
galgo98 Today at 1:29 pm After the incident we had last year with the goslings, it's best that you not come. BTW, how's the other one doing? I assume it is dead too. [COLOR=FF0000]Gee it is so nice to be single handedly basically banned from an event that so called everyone was invited to. This was a response I got when I asked nicely for directions to the picnic/swap. She is banning me because I bought two geese from her last year. One got taken by a Fox last year and the other one sadly got taken this year by a Fox also. Now, how many of us have suffered from predation? This is not fair. I am sorry to have to post this, but I do not stand for being bullied.[/COLOR]
Well what the heck is that about!! NOT COOL!! Circle of life anyone?
[COLOR=0000FF]Please stay safe with the next round of storms everyone. We are locking down here. Wind has already picked up.[/COLOR]
This weather is strange.. looks like it is going to rain... I dunno.. about to go bring the girls in. Also Welcome all new comers to BYC!! Woot Woot!!
[SIZE=4[COLOR=blue]Thanks all around.. :) [/COLOR]][/SIZE]

storms/rain is over Harrisburg, YORK, AND Williamsport. They are heading east. They stretch from the top of the state to the bottom. Just so you know. Looks like there are no severe storm warnings out right now in Pa. NJ, now that is a different story. They are showing possible tornadic activity. THAT IS YOUR WEATHER UPDATE FOR NOW.. LOL

Oh c r a p .... NJ is where hubby is working, might have to send him a txt and tell him to keep an eye on his weather app!! Thanks for the update!!! lol

[COLOR=0000FF]storms/rain is over Harrisburg, YORK, AND Williamsport. They are heading east. They stretch from the top of the state to the bottom. Just so you know. Looks like there are no severe storm warnings out right now in Pa. NJ, now that is a different story. They are showing possible tornadic activity. THAT IS YOUR WEATHER UPDATE FOR NOW.. LOL[/COLOR]

Oh c r a p .... NJ is where hubby is working, might have to send him a txt and tell him to keep an eye on his weather app!!  Thanks for the update!!! lol

Hope he is safe :fl if I see anything else I'll let you know.

[COLOR=0000FF]storms/rain is over Harrisburg, YORK, AND Williamsport. They are heading east. They stretch from the top of the state to the bottom. Just so you know. Looks like there are no severe storm warnings out right now in Pa. NJ, now that is a different story. They are showing possible tornadic activity. THAT IS YOUR WEATHER UPDATE FOR NOW.. LOL[/COLOR]

Oh c r a p .... NJ is where hubby is working, might have to send him a txt and tell him to keep an eye on his weather app!!  Thanks for the update!!! lol

Hope he is safe :fl if I see anything else I'll let you know.

Back
Top Bottom