Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

big_smile.png
Have a great day everyone!! I got to go get some things done!! ..

She will still be on here in an hour.
tongue.png

JJ has been doing most of the feeding lately so I haven't been in the coops much. I have a heck of a time even walking in this weather due to the fibromyalgia. Since the weather today made my body a bit more cooperative I was helping with the feeding. Both of my roos with big combs have awful frostbite! JJ is a freaking moron. I have asked him repeatedly if the combs looked ok & he swore they were all fine. Even when I pointed it out this morning he was still clueless. Grrrrrrrrr...I wanna just slap some sense into him sometimes. Ok, that's MOST of the time. Now I have to go catch roos to blu-kote them. Better check my girls with bigger combs too. Luckily most of my girls & 1 roo have peacombs.

Stake so glad to hear he's well enough to be out with his girls.

Super! also, Sally Sunshine said she could hatch some of Chads BCMs once he gets NPIP. (more options for ya)

I've got to get pens set up inside and chickens bathed for the show. I can't believe our BCMs cockerel got frost bite on his comb, terrible timing!! He will have to sit this show out.
sad.png

Yeah, he's still not eating enough though....had to make him some scrambled eggs today....think of trying to feed him with 8 crazy chooks carrying on...the poor little roo was so freaked, he hid behind a pallet on the other side of the yard...also noted one of the marans pecking at the black on his wattles... he didn't seem to mind and she has it mostly pecked off....weird behavior....

I had to take green eggs to work to prove that they exist...

now the debate is on black skinned chicken and if it taste the same.....most do not believe that it exist,,,,guess I am about to be down one silkie roo..

yes they googled it and still do not believe me,,,, they say that they never seen them around here,,,,well I say I see them everyday...

I had to take green eggs to work to prove that they exist...

now the debate is on black skinned chicken and if it taste the same.....most do not believe that it exist,,,,guess I am about to be down one silkie roo..

yes they googled it and still do not believe me,,,, they say that they never seen them around here,,,,well I say I see them everyday...

Lmao...I go through this one all the time. I carry pix of my birds & eggs with me on my cell. Get the same about blue turkeys...lol

Silkie, I hear ya on the pea combs. I'm really liking my Wyandotte girls, they are laying for me even in this cold and dark, perhaps I should focus more on Wyandottes and not so much on all my single combed varieties….hmmmmm

Here's my poor BCMs boy. I noticed this morning that his comb had poo all over it! My OE girl is roosting in the rafters of the run for some reason (in the day) so I guess she was the culprit. Anyway, had to catch him in the muddy run ~no small feat. I was chasing him in circles around the coop, my best girlies were staying at my feet (maybe some treats would magically come falling out of me?), eventually he hid from me in the coop, Thank Gawd! He was easy to corner in there.

I slathered him in Balmex as I read somewhere it was better than Vaseline for this…don't know if it's true or not, but what the heck.

I think the girls are 'into' it.

Back
Top Bottom