Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Awww, I wish I could hatch some of these cute lil things! I am not confident enough to complete the task.
Its a learning experience start small with a couple eggs and see what works for you. It can be heartbreaking when you lose chicks but it is also rewarding and I will warn you very addicting!! If you do try good luck. I had my first 3 hatches last year. First one was horrible not one hatched got a new bator and my second two hatches were a success! Not all hatched and I lost some that were fully developed :0( I am starting the bator up again next weekend for 2 dz mix eggs. Very exciting and the kids love watching them hatch and I'm already planning on what I gonna hatch after this batch. I think I want to hatch Turkeys, Pheasants and quail and possibly ducks

When I left for work this morning, I passed the plow broken down about a mile from my place. Went two more miles and turned for home. That road was drifting at 7am. Obviously that was the plow for here, haven't seen one since, and I live on s main secondary road.
aren't you Rapho out there, should I give the cous a call and have him come out and fix it

I can't stand sitting around here doing nothing so I decided to trim Peedles' beak since I haven't done it in a while. Put on my Sorrels, went out, broom in hand. Swept 8" of snow from the porch and swept my way to the coop. Thank God this snow is at least light if we have to have so much. XD Brought Peedles in the house and deposited him in the back room while I switched from snow covered boots to Crocs. Where he proceeds to attempt to jump through the big window in the door separating the kitchen from mudroom where I left him. Needless to say, that didn't work well.
roll.png

So I finished trimming his beak, put my boots back on and trudged back out to the coop. Put him in the coop and I noticed the Buff Orpington sitting in the nest box. Went back to the house, literally just took of my boots and hung my coat by the radiator to dry, slipped on my Crocs and I hear her singing. Why couldn't she have finished laying that egg like two minutes earlier? D:

I am sooooo not going back out there just for one egg. At least it's warm enough today hopefully they won't freeze till I get back out there to get them all in a little while. ^_^

Thinking of you Blarney !!!hope all is well on your trip.....

got the call from the PO, my mail delivery is gonna meet me on main street with them, he says he can hear them in the box so that's a good thing......will no more in about an hour....

Oh God!!! We havent had a car or plow on the mnt since very early am!! its quiet! Praying they stayed home or got there before all this!!!

Hi all:

Latest report....5000 power outages in Chester Co....fortunately not me....have about 12" so far....and its really coming down.......

Got home. Put the Jeep in the Neighbor's pull off, then got out the lawn tractor / plow. Replaced the pullet, rerouted the belt. Mashed some snow. Sheared a kotter pin for the blade. Replaced with a nail, continued mashing snow. Lost an axle cap for the blade spring retainer bar. Bent up some bar stock, continued mashing snow. Fuel line cracked and sprayed gas. Replaced with some PVC tube I had lying around. Finished mashing snow.

Went back to the jeep, find out that it had melted down, and high-centered itself in the snow bank. Much swearing and tire spinning later, (Thank you snow tires!) I'm finally at the office.

Meanwhile, in the coop, the girls have spilled 2 out of the 3 waterers. They refuse to come out, despite me having cleared and area, and a general lack of snow under the coop. Ungrateful little stinkies.

Back
Top Bottom