Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Quote: I use white oak mills in elizabethtown,,,the price changes weekly but in the last 2 years the highest was 10.40 and the lowest was about 8.80..

the last 6 months or so have been hovering in the 9.50 range..

they do not have a lot of variety..
grower feed
layer feed
starter feed
the only options are pellet or mash and all of the starter feed is medicated.....this is the reason why I get the grower and add to that as needed..

http://www.whiteoakmills.com/page/services/poultry/

Last edited:
I like snow. Yes that sounds crazy. But what I am hating now is that it is melting and running into my coop. Just one more project that I need to add to my list this Spring. Everything is getting wet, its a sloppy mess. The roof is leaking as well
he.gif
. I'm at a loss of what to do at this time. I have a large pool cover that I could put on the roof but it is a frozen block of ice. Oh the joys of chickens. At least the ducks and geese don't mind it so much.

All these low feed prices have me jealous. I'm ok with $15 or so that I'm spening per bag, but if I could cut that to 10, it sure would help with efficiency.

Anyone familiar with Weaver's feed mill in Honeybrook? Seems to be the closest I can find.

I like snow. Yes that sounds crazy. But what I am hating now is that it is melting and running into my coop. Just one more project that I need to add to my list this Spring. Everything is getting wet, its a sloppy mess. The roof is leaking as well
he.gif
. I'm at a loss of what to do at this time. I have a large pool cover that I could put on the roof but it is a frozen block of ice. Oh the joys of chickens. At least the ducks and geese don't mind it so much.
well, I like the first snow of the winter,,,after that it can go away.
duc.gif

All these low feed prices have me jealous. I'm ok with $15 or so that I'm spening per bag, but if I could cut that to 10, it sure would help with efficiency.

Anyone familiar with Weaver's feed mill in Honeybrook? Seems to be the closest I can find.
when your chicken numbers start getting into the hundreds you have no choice but to look for alternatives, wish I could just run to TSC for a quick bag instead of planning out how long a dozen bags will last

need to move out some birds,,,,,what's everyone looking for.....all would be either POL or about a year old..

Whatcha wantin rid of?

I saved room for your eggs if you get a chance to send them.

The mix I have my mill make costs me about $170 for 1000 pounds. Comes out to about $8.50 per 50 pound bag.

that's a great price,,,,12 bags is about my limit right now for storage...

waiting on the ducks,,,I want to include about 6 scovy eggs but they are not cooperating,,,got 2 eggs today laid outside right in the middle of the big water puddle,,,,I think they are laughing at me.

Send em anyway. I've fished eggs out of the pool & hatched them...lol

My car will haul about 12-15 bags at a time. My order this month totaled 27 bags counting cat, goat, rabbit & bird supplies. We made 2 trips to haul it all. The mix will last me 3-4 months at current critter count but I will need goat, cat & dog food come the first of the month.

LC:

There are a number of mills a bit west of us....I have been looking for a really cheap place and hoping to find a bunch of us to go together for road trips to buy in quantity....sounds weird, but so far from place A to place B....the gas costs inhibit the drive unless you are buying really large quantity....Wing's place makes sense if you are will to buy 1000 pounds, but, I don't have room to store that much and it would take me years to use....who knows...

Back
Top Bottom