Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I'm not incubating yet, waiting for my eggs not to be frozen! I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow, of for a long day of work.
I really need to make a wiring diagram to help people out. I'm not an electrician, but it isn't hard.
insulation and lots of straw.....

The big house has not had any frozen eggs all winter yet,,,the little one with the outside attached nest boxes has had a few frozen ones....

Anne, it is not a joke. I set the carpet on fire. It spread about a foot (or two) before I discovered that I had forgotten to drink my second cup of coffee. Between my (huge) mug of coffee and stomping it out, all is well. The carpet isn't so nice anymore though!:lol:

Yikes! Glad you and the rest of your house is okay, carpet can be easily replaced! :hugs

I agree on the dog crate too. This is the one we're using and we'll be connecting a second one once these girls get a little bigger :) All I have is my phone and it's not cooperating this morning. It wouldn't let me do the quote grrrr.

Awesome! I have that same size I believe! And your doggy looking in is super cute too!

New to byc. I am in central pa near williamsport and looking for eggs!

Welcome to the fun house! :p

Now officially debuting..... *(All names have been stolen from someone much more witty than me.)

Foghorn the Leghorn

Hennifer Lopez

Chicken Patty

Attila the Hen

Mary Poopins

Clearly Mary Poopins is a couple days older than the rest. :)

MotorcycleChick,
I must ask how you did that one, the only fires I ever have are in the kitchen..........there's more than one way to cook......hubby tells me the problem is not with my cooking but when I combine the cooking with the drinking...
idunno.gif

I'm thinking I could use the refrigerator section as main bator and freezer section as hatching bator... Maybe...

are you talking a normal size refrigerator?????

do you realize how many eggs that could hold??

do you have that kind of self control???

:yuckyuck yes it us a normal size refrigerator.. Maybe I should reverse my thinking and have the freezer section as the main incubator and I can have several shelves/places for hatching eggs in the lower section.. As far as control............ Um, well, I'm WAY past that point. :gig
Seriously though, it isn't a huge refrigerator, I do live in a trailer after all. My front door is only 30" wide..
I just thought it would be handy to have the two combined... :idunno

Last edited:
Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
yes it us a normal size refrigerator.. Maybe I should reverse my thinking and have the freezer section as the main incubator and I can have several shelves/places for hatching eggs in the lower section.. As far as control............ Um, well, I'm WAY past that point.
gig.gif

Seriously though, it isn't a huge refrigerator, I do live in a trailer after all. My front door is only 30" wide..
I just thought it would be handy to have the two combined...
idunno.gif

I know it is early in the season and the boys might not be up to par, but I often get about a 90% hatch on those eggs....you are potentially looking at a lot of chicks in 3 weeks.......

might give you an insight as to what happens when you have lots of incubator space...

Idea here. If wingstone gets a thermostat and parts, I could help convert one and we could take pictures!
Are you nuts???
you have met me
you have met the husband

have you noticed the size difference, he could sit on me and I would not be found for months,,,,,and you want to suggest that I use bigger incubators and still have some kind of self control..
th.gif

But....I have decided to join the easter hatch if I can find what I am looking for......hint...hint...

A white or light colored cornish

white plymouth rocks

dorkings

and I know this is a long shot but still can not find the scots dumpy, and sandhill has listed them as sold out for 3 years straight.

Back
Top Bottom