Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Tonight I was doing my nightly rounds and was refilling the Broad Breasted White turkey waterer. I was bending over and I got bit in my butt. I was goosed by a turkey. lol They are growing so fast.

Have any of you had chickens that say Uh-oh when you catch them? When I have to catch my chickens to check for lice I have a couple that say Uh-oh when I catch them. Makes me laugh.

Tonight I was doing my nightly rounds and was refilling the Broad Breasted White turkey waterer. I was bending over and I got bit in my butt. I was goosed by a turkey. lol They are growing so fast.

Have any of you had chickens that say Uh-oh when you catch them? When I have to catch my chickens to check for lice I have a couple that say Uh-oh when I catch them. Makes me laugh.
yuckyuck.gif

I gave my broody 5 RIR chicks today because she only hatched one chick from her shipped eggs. Here is my favorite picture from this afternoon:

too funny..wouldn't take them long to reach mine..hahaha, shorty!! ...I have a couple that growl at me..not real nasty..just enough to say, "oh-not this again!"
rant.gif

I gave my broody 5 RIR chicks today because she only hatched one chick from her shipped eggs. Here is my favorite picture from this afternoon:

Now that is super! too cute for words..you have to put this pic in the picture contest thingy they have here on BYC!!!

The disadvantage of not having cable is that I missed this cute ad war:

But now I really don't want a Jaguar.

Cars.  Gardens.  ARRGH.

Today my wife went off to pick up her boss (Because the Boss' car is in the shop) so they could go off to work at one of their clients.  As I'm getting dressed to head into the hospital, I get a call.

"Hon, the car stopped on the road near Mostardi's."

So off come the dress slacks, and on go the dirty jeans.  And out come the gloves, tools, and bruised knuckles which I use to repair her car so they can get to the client's place and get that garden done!

Things I learned today:
- Fermenting plums that you forgot about in your jeep for a week are a little stinky.
- Chickens like fermented plums.  And squishy bananas.
- Core prices on alternators have gone up.  ($80 for a core?  There's not THAT much copper in there.)
- The Nissan GA16 engine DOES have a belt tensioner adjust.  And now I know where it is.  
- To change an alternator on a GA16, you should remove the following items to make enough room:
  .  Upper Radiator Hose
  .  Passenger Side Fan
- Your back will hurt after hunching over the front of a car that long.

On the plus side, this being the third time I've done an alternator on a sentra, it only took me 3 hours to get the job done.  :)   And unlike last time, I didn't shred the belt.  YAY!

Talk about stressful! At least you know how to fix it on your own!

I am LOVING everyone's garden pictures!! Spent as much time as possible in the garden planting today. Now my legs and back do not seem to be working properly. One leg all tingly, numb and painful. I need to load some pics of my hard work!

Talk about stressful! At least you know how to fix it on your own!

I am LOVING everyone's garden pictures!! Spent as much time as possible in the garden planting today. Now my legs and back do not seem to be working properly. One leg all tingly, numb and painful. I need to load some pics of my hard work!

Every year in the garden is a new experience...had most of my planting frosted or washed out a couple of times....getting back in the game and hoping for warm weather....

Planted mostly seeds today, watermelon, green beans, wax beans, butternut squash, pumpkin, corn, zinnias, marigolds and also put in some pepper plants and pickling cucumber plants. I can't get over how few weeds people seem to have. Seems like no matter how hard I try to keep up....always more weeks.

Planted mostly seeds today, watermelon, green beans, wax beans, butternut squash, pumpkin, corn, zinnias, marigolds and also put in some pepper plants and pickling cucumber plants. I can't get over how few weeds people seem to have. Seems like no matter how hard I try to keep up....always more weeks.

Looks awesome! I don't plant a garden anymore... except maybe a couple of tomato or cucumber plants in buckets... but I do love looking at what the rest of you do!

Back
Top Bottom