Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

wing, I have an identical hen from the eggs I got from you. Another hen is gold where this one is silver. Delightful little things, and one of the hens just started laying about 3 days ago.

Glad to hear it! Are the eggs the size of a thimble? Can you post pics? I'd love to see the resemblance!:D

If I remember correctly his hen's are about the same age..
I would compare the egg size to a football. Quite a large egg compared to the size of the hen.

Stupid auto correct... that should be a ball used in golf, it keeps correcting it if I try to put the g word

Last edited:
Glad to hear it! Are the eggs the size of a thimble? Can you post pics? I'd love to see the resemblance!
big_smile.png

Eggs look normal, just downsized to about an inch and a half long. I gave the eggs to my grandsons, little kids like little things.

If I remember correctly his hen's are about the same age..
I would compare the egg size to a football. Quite a large egg compared to the size of the hen.

Stupid auto correct... that should be a ball used in golf, it keeps correcting it if I try to put the g word
Silly auto correct. lol Egg the size of a football, I would feel sorry for that hen. Or maybe I would be afraid of a hen that size lmao

hey, shes no pup, shes an old lady of six or seven lol, saddie mae but yes, frenchie from Utah , shes my second one, the first i lost at 6 months old, she got in front of a car and he didn't stop.
Saddie is really cute Sharron!
Sorry to hear of your loss though, that is just way too sad
.....these little guys remind me of "booper" dogs..hahaha, Boston terriers,....i love their faces, lots of expression!

**Misapril- Sorry to miss your post... Hello & Welcome .. glad to have you here!
frow.gif

You know how confusing the genetics are to me.
The Wheaton rooster was so young when he was in that pen,, guess he must be an overachiever.

I will desperate the east indies in early spring. Will keep you in mind
are these little hens bantams? or are the MF cochin just small...i thought they were regular sized..i am so confuse, but then again..
caf.gif
I am still trying to wake up..sorry, had a really rough night
sad.png

are these little hens bantams? or are the MF cochin just small...i thought they were regular sized..i am so confuse, but then again..
caf.gif
I am still trying to wake up..sorry, had a really rough night
sad.png

Wing's MF cochins are bantams. They are smaller than our silkies and lay smaller eggs. Both our silkies and cochins seem naturally tamer than any of the large fowl. I tell people they are the "lap dogs" of the poultry world.

Wing's MF cochins are bantams. They are smaller than our silkies and lay smaller eggs. Both our silkies and cochins seem naturally tamer than any of the large fowl. I tell people they are the "lap dogs" of the poultry world.
are these little hens bantams? or are the MF cochin just small...i thought they were regular sized..i am so confuse, but then again..:caf  I am still trying to wake up..sorry, had a really rough night:(

Sorry to hear you had a really rough night. I didn't sleep well either and I am ready for a nap already. I think they are mini bantams! My girl is so tiny. I'll have to snap a pic of her next to my regular hens and next to my other bantams. With her feathered feet, we can't even see her legs or feet when she walks. Hah A!:D

She is very chatty and seems to be very people friendly too. It's amazing the difference between individual chickens. I have a SLW that has always been wary of people. We have a $10 bet that you can't catch her in the yard without using the run to trap her. I had a very in shape young man who's in the army try, he couldn't! I am hoping this new girl will be a "lap dog". She's so cute and I know kids will love her!

Back
Top Bottom