Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Took a picture of our beautiful sunset as I was going to lock up the girls. I have noticed that the sunset has been way off to the north instead of the west. That is really scary to me. Has anyone else noticed this as well?

Took a picture of our beautiful sunset as I was going to lock up the girls. I have noticed that the sunset has been way off to the north instead of the west. That is really scary to me. Has anyone else noticed this as well?
Summer solstice...longest day of the year June 21st. It will set more south as the days go on after that.

In search of hatching eggs for my broodies. Easter Eggers (or any colored egg layers), serama's or silkies. Let me know if anyone has any for sale or trade!

In the previous summers, it has set more to the west. We had cut down trees a few years ago to help heat our pool, in line with the sun set. The sun is no where near where it used to set in the past years.

In search of hatching eggs for my broodies. Easter Eggers (or any colored egg layers), serama's or silkies. Let me know if anyone has any for sale or trade!

I have ee, oe, bcm, brown layers covered by blue barred & red barred ee roos & silkie mixes available. I can ship since I'm in Ohio & probably a bit further than you want to drive.

In the previous summers, it has set more to the west. We had cut down trees a few years ago to help heat our pool, in line with the sun set. The sun is no where near where it used to set in the past years.

I have a cousin who devised an inexpensive pool heater....one 4x8 piece of plywood, 100ft of garden hose, attach garden hose to plywood running back and forth...paint everything black....attach hose(s) to the the filtering system, and position towards the sun.....

Oooh, where are you? I have an EE lays a sturdy green/sometimes blue slightly rounded egg, she is a grey, buff with a nice beard and slate legs. Papa is a Frizzle Tolbunt Polish. Very nice guy. Eggs have all been fertile under my broodies.

Oh, I have other EE's also, they are brown "partridge?" beautiful feathering, with slate/green legs and beards, also with Frizzle Tolbunt Polish Roo. Lay a mint green to blueish egg. So the white Polish egg would only lighten it at worst hopefully. They are also fertile, but I thought of my blue/beige Sweettart first. lol

For free if you are nearby.

eta: oooh, and if you are ready, I might have a couple D'uccle bantam eggs that are good to set (same roo) these have been really fertile also...but they are both setting so not sure what I have for "just in case" in the basement 55 degress bottom end up.. just sayin....

Last edited:
question for whoever lives in Lycoming county I was just told I cant have chickens in Lycoming county I've been looking at the codes and zoning regulations for antes fort but I can not find anything the coop is already built and my 15 chicks are out there in the brooder my question would be how are other people permitted to have chickens in antes fort and I was told I could not my coop is by no means an eye sore it is a good looking coop and all I'm trying to do is have a Hobey and provide my family with fresh healthy eggs

I have a cousin who devised an inexpensive pool heater....one 4x8 piece of plywood, 100ft of garden hose, attach garden hose to plywood running back and forth...paint everything black....attach hose(s) to the the filtering system, and position towards the sun.....
My hubby bought black hose and coiled it around to heat the water in the pool. He had to cut some trees down so the sun could heat it up. Unfortunately we lost our pool 2 years ago with the harsh winter we had, all the ice and snow broke the pool. Now we have a koi pond set up where the pool was. The Earth has tilted so much much it has me worried. The sun is a lot stronger than it has been in the past.

Back
Top Bottom