Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

that reminds me of the farm I grow up on in green county, except that darn is the size of our tractor shed. God I miss the old farm!!

Honestly this barn was called the "mechanics" barn. They kept hogs in the basement and all their tools on the first floor. Not sure what they used the top floor for. The big barn (dairy) fell apart and then got struck by lightning. :(

Honestly this barn was called the "mechanics" barn. They kept hogs in the basement and all their tools on the first floor. Not sure what they used the top floor for. The big barn (dairy) fell apart and then got struck by lightning. :(

That is sad, these old farms get split up sold off for some lousy housing plans that no one can afford . there are 2-3 near me that only a couple houses in them! These poor farmers can'tafford the pproperty taxes and they have to sell, aggravates me! Some day I'llget back on a farm( of my own!!)

Our newest little peep. Her sister has one under her as well, but she's very protective. :D This little yellow chick is still wet! These are bantam Cochin, and they are so tiny! *The hen shown is a bantam Cochin also.

Love bantam cochins and their chicks! Very cute!

That is sad, these old farms get split up sold off for some lousy housing plans that no one can afford . there are 2-3 near me that only a couple houses in them! These poor farmers can'tafford the pproperty taxes and they have to sell, aggravates me! Some day I'llget back on a farm( of my own!!)

And then there's people like us who would do almost anything to be able to buy a farm lol. I'll keep dreaming and maybe some day. That one around the corner from us is still for sale. I almost cry every time I drive by it lol.

ETA: some wicked storms moving through here tonight. Almost constant thunder out there. I'm hoping my poults do ok out there. The little temporary shelter I threw together for them until this weekend isn't meant to handle severe weather.

Last edited:
And then there's people like us who would do almost anything to be able to buy a farm lol. I'll keep dreaming and maybe some day. That one around the corner from us is still for sale. I almost cry every time I drive by it lol.

ETA: some wicked storms moving through here tonight. Almost constant thunder out there. I'm hoping my poults do ok out there. The little temporary shelter I threw together for them until this weekend isn't meant to handle severe weather.
Keeping up a farm is a lot more work that you would expect. My BIL works very long hours and barely squeaks by each month. It certainly helps that you are passionate about it, but still it takes everything you have, and then some.

Keeping up a farm is a lot more work that you would expect. My BIL works very long hours and barely squeaks by each month. It certainly helps that you are passionate about it, but still it takes everything you have, and then some.

Oh, I'm sure! I mostly want one for our own use and maybe extended family. To be able to grow our own produce organically,raise our own meat and grow our own fruit....it would all be a dream come true! We can only do so much on an acre and a half lol. And since I'm a stay home mom anyway, it would be my job while hubby still went to work lol. As it is, we practically buy out the Amish markets :)

Last edited:

We had two rounds of storms come through my area. First round was just monsoon type rains. Second was lightning, hail and monsoon rains. It was funny because at the very first smattering of rain drops the chickens (who were out free-ranging the property) took off running for the shelter of the coop. It didn't start raining seriously for another 15 minutes though.

We had two rounds of storms come through my area. First round was just monsoon type rains. Second was lightning, hail and monsoon rains. It was funny because at the very first smattering of rain drops the chickens (who were out free-ranging the property) took off running for the shelter of the coop. It didn't start raining seriously for another 15 minutes though.
Glad that missed us! although we could use a good soaking rain right about now!
th.gif

]
Glad that missed us!  although we could use a good soaking rain right about now!  :th

I'm glad we got it, we needed rain badly too. I woke up at 1:30 am hearing the thunder. My first thought was about my broody chicken in the trash can filled with pine shavings. So I threw on a robe, went outside and put the lid on (cracked a bit for air of course). She was still happy as peach pie this morning. :lol:

]
I'm glad we got it, we needed rain badly too. I woke up at 1:30 am hearing the thunder. My first thought was about my broody chicken in the trash can filled with pine shavings. So I threw on a robe, went outside and put the lid on (cracked a bit for air of course). She was still happy as peach pie this morning.
lol.png

That reminds me, I had a bag of damp shavings I left out in the sun to dry . . .

Back
Top Bottom