Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

as long as theres no spider i have no problem with the cobwebs, and if the spider stays outside no problem, comes into my house, hes dead, HATE spiders, been bit three or four times, bad bites too

Blah! I hate the spiders too but my fear of the webs came first. When I was little, I walked right through a huge one. It was all over my face and through my hair. I was in a panic and my mom just couldn't get it off. It felt like forever. I've been petrified of them ever since. Little spiders I can kill no problem, it's the big ones that scare me to death.

Hi everyone!

Tim...from Cumberland County(west of the river from Harrisburg).

I've spent hours and hours reading threads on BYC...sooo much awesome information!

I don't currently have chickens, though I did grow up raising them at our house and my grandmother's chicken farm next door...lol

I have 3 dogs, 4 shaft tail finches and am currently halfway through hatching out some button quail eggs in my homemade incubator.
It's my first try at it so we'll see how it goes. Lol

I am really interested in keeping Blue Sweedish Isbars!

Anyone relatively local have chicks or hatching eggs available?

(I might also consider cream legbars)

Please let me know if you can help me out.

Thanks,
Tim

Welcome to the group Tim! I'm in Chester Co and I have Legbars, several others do also. I don't know anyone with Isbars. They are not as popular because they are not autosexing. If you want Legbars, let me know. I've got maybe a dozen or so that are still for sale.

This is not a good time of year to find chickens for sale. The selection gets much better in the spring.

Hi all! I'm from Newtown, in Bucks County. Looking for local hatching eggs starting in Feb/March. Let me know if anyone wants to sell a few to a newbie hatcher!

Hi all! I'm from Newtown, in Bucks County. Looking for local hatching eggs starting in Feb/March. Let me know if anyone wants to sell a few to a newbie hatcher!

Hi and welcome from Cambria county! Don't you worry, come spring, there will be a plethora of chicks and hatching eggs available in here lol ;)

So I changed Ariel's bandage a little while ago. It had mostly stopped bleeding but as I removed the nasty bandage, it got bumped and started bleeding like crazy again *sigh*. New bandage, more arrowroot powder, and one unhappy hen in a carrier in the bathroom. There's going to be one unhappy hubby tonight too when he gets home and once again finds a chicken in the bathroom lol.

Oh my, that mama is beautiful and cute babies! What breed is she?

Thank you, she is a mutt, Was a rescue from a bad situation so don't know her actual parentage, but i think a silkie mix, and she lays a beautiful green egg. I would take 10 more of her any day of the week.
@fisherlady , your broodies and babies are absolutely beautiful!

Thank you! She is certainly an absolutely photogenic hen, she makes a great subject because she always seems to be posing.
as long as theres no spider i have no problem with the cobwebs, and if the spider stays outside no problem, comes into my house, hes dead, HATE spiders, been bit three or four times, bad bites too
X10! I haven't been bit (that I know of) but they just give me the creepy crawlies like nothing else can! My house has a crawl space, so I deal with them...I still hate them, but I deal with them.

Do one part at a time. You probably want them fenced to protect them from predators anyway.

We have a 10x30 chain link fenced run covered by welded fence on top and having the lower 3ft (and underground 1ft) wrapped by hardware cloth. (Actually, the run is not there yet. we have the materials ready but still need to set up the run.) They will stay in the run when we are not at home and free range a couple hours in the evening.

It's a good idea to just do one part a time! :thumbsup Thank you for the advises.

Wow! Sounds like an amazing run. I'm going to give some unsolicited advice, if you haven't built it yet, please consider covering at least some (if not all) of the run with roofing. You will thank me when the winter snow and spring rain have turned your run into a muddy, poopy soup. It's the perfect combination of muck to slip in while changing out water and food.

My main coop is on the edge of the woods, the birds spend lots of time in there in the summer cooling off and dust bathing.

Thanks for the advice. I thought about the same things. There is a kids tree house being part of the run as a shelter. We will add more roof later.

The coop has walls now, will be done after adding roof. I'm so excited.

Back
Top Bottom