Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Looking for a pair of Black Australorp hens, year old or younger, to add to my small flock of 3 golden comets. Hard to find somewhere I can purchase just 2 hens, anyone have any ideas?

Looking for a pair of Black Australorp hens, year old or younger, to add to my small flock of 3 golden comets. Hard to find somewhere I can purchase just 2 hens, anyone have any ideas?

If nothing else, find someone that will split an order with you in a few weeks. Myer Hatchery (Polk, Ohio) has a 3-chick minimum. You can order three girls or even four, and give/sell two to a friend.

The new incubator needs a bit more work, but it's "setting day", so I started up 2 other incubators so I could load 141 eggs total tonight. Still have a few dozen I couldn't fit in. I guess those will get eaten.

This week a Wheaten Ameraucana pullet started laying, so 2 of those eggs went in.

Thanks, it's okay... I found him! The sun came out and warmed things up a bit later that day and I spotted him grazing on some grass over near the driveway. :D

Go to hear it! Animals can be quite resilient.

Not sure about these turkey eggs, I tried to candle them prematurely tonight, and I will try again tomorrow. I'm not seeing much activity. Am I Supposed to see veining? Or a blob? Itis only day 8, but I will be out of town from Sunday night until Tuesday morning. I hope she gets at least one turkey or two. Other wise I will have to bother Dheltzel again. :smack

The new incubator needs a bit more work, but it's "setting day", so I started up 2 other incubators so I could load 141 eggs total tonight. Still have a few dozen I couldn't fit in. I guess those will get eaten.

This week a Wheaten Ameraucana pullet started laying, so 2 of those eggs went in.

You'll have it up and running before you know it. Think how awesome it'll be to finally load it up :)

@spangles403, I am also in Centre County, State College area. Unfortunately I already placed several absurdly large orders and it's too late to add any, but are you nearby? You might be able to get some through chick days at Wiscoy (people share orders all the time because the order minimum is too big for the township ordinances). I don't remember if they stock Australorps but it's worth looking into as one option. Are you in the area?

Back
Top Bottom