Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

@dheltzel , your eggs are hatching today! Most of the ameraucanas are done now. I haven't checked on the BSL yet since they're in the bottom of the 1202 but I hear some of them peeping
smile.png
Nice! Those Ameraucanas hatch really well. I have been inundated with those chicks recently, but sold 40 Ameraucana chicks in the past 2 days, so now the brooders are not so crowded. I also sold 75 BBS Ameraucana eggs this weekend. I love Ams and setup way too many breeders last winter that common sense would have dictated, so it's gratifying to have them sell so well. Seems I'm not the only one that thinks Ams are the best.

Nice! Those Ameraucanas hatch really well. I have been inundated with those chicks recently, but sold 40 Ameraucana chicks in the past 2 days, so now the brooders are not so crowded. I also sold 75 BBS Ameraucana eggs this weekend. I love Ams and setup way too many breeders last winter that common sense would have dictated, so it's gratifying to have them sell so well. Seems I'm not the only one that thinks Ams are the best.

They haven't been selling quite as well here as the easter eggers do but I'm heading to a swap in Clearfield this weekend coming up and I expect to not bring many back home with me at all lol. The blue egg laying BSL go really quick though. Pulled 10 from the hatcher so far and 8 were pullets though one has a leg issue. We'll see how that turns out in a day or so.

I didn't realize it was so soon!
Typically speaking, you will have your birds sold before you even get them out of the vehicle.
I hope you have some turkeys to sell too. The last year that I went, a guy sold all 12 of his turkeys as soon as he opened his door to get out. People ask you what you have the second that you arrive. You may be able to leave within the first half an hour.

Well the coop and run are finally done. The girls were in it all day, they seemed to like so I put them in the coop for the night to see how they do. I have checcked on them 3 times this hour alone. They were all on the roost sitting close together but no peeping going on I hope they will be ok.

Looks great!! The chicks should be very happy...

They look feathered out enough to do just fine in the coop!

I didn't realize it was so soon!
Typically speaking, you will have your birds sold before you even get them out of the vehicle.
I hope you have some turkeys to sell too. The last year that I went, a guy sold all 12 of his turkeys as soon as he opened his door to get out. People ask you what you have the second that you arrive. You may be able to leave within the first half an hour.

It's just a tractor supply swap up there. I don't know why I said big. I think I'm just assuming it'll be a lot bigger than the one in Altoona. I need to look into the big one and see when it is so I can stock up before it lol

Looks great!! The chicks should be very happy...

They look feathered out enough to do just fine in the coop!
Thank you fisherlady......now the hard part is teaching them to go in the coop at night yesterday, evening was like an episode of keystone cops me chasing them around the run trying to catch them to put them in, I would get one in as fast as I would put her in she ran back out before I could close the chicken door and that was with all eight of them. My girlfriend was laughing so hard she could hardly help. Any ideas on how to make this process easier?

Back
Top Bottom