Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    seems to be an interest in fresh turkey this year so I will just post it for all...
    I will be processing all day on nov 17th,,,they are going for $2 a pound processed weight, I am expecting what's left to weigh out at between 15 and 20 pounds...
    these birds have been raised on non medicated feed with lots of greens available, they also got 2 cups of cracked corn daily between 16 of them, and a flat of fodder (either wheat or barley grass) twice a week.

2. MButerbaugh

MButerbaugh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2012
    Hello everyone! I just found this group and thought I should say hello! My name is Michele - I live in western Pa near Indiana. This is my first year with chickens, have 2 flocks/coops currently.

3. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Where is Mount Joy in relation to State College?!

I may be all over that!

Is there a way to request them unbrined? We have a person who is found the whole process of smoking including their own brine!

4. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Welcome Michele!

5. PAchickengirl

PAchickengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2012
    Central Pennsylvania

Welcome! I am a little north of you, near DuBois!

6. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    I do not brine any of them, they are sold freshly processed, I could probably get them as far as lewistown area , i have family near lewistown hospital.

7. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Hi Michele!

8. wlrabbitry

wlrabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome.
    I am in Derry pa.

9. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    ATTENTION!!!!!

CPT Course & BYC Animal Husbandry Session
    (Certified Poultry Technician)
    Currently 2 dates

December 3 2012
    Lancaster Farm and Home Center
    Lancaster, PA

March 7 2013
    USDA AG Building
    Harrisburg, PA

ALL interested individuals attending NEED to fill out the CPT Application and submit to address on the application.

10. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Anyone needing the CPT app. email me @ [email protected]

Make posters , tell your friends, rally your local 4H and enlist your BYC friends. These sessions will include Dr. Gregory Martin with Penn State for all your Animal husbandry questions. And the largest portion is the CPT training by Dr. Nan Hanshaw with the PA Dept. of Ag, Chief of Animal Science Division.

These two folks do not normally come together for a session. We have two dates, two sessions, and we have them both together! This is a GREAT opportunity!!! I can't stress this enough. Dr. Hanshaw will be available to answer all your NPIP, PEP and poultry disease questions. Dr. Martin will be there to answer your raising, maintaining and breeding questions.

Thanks,
    Chad

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by