Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

seems to be an interest in fresh turkey this year so I will just post it for all...
I will be processing all day on nov 17th,,,they are going for $2 a pound processed weight, I am expecting what's left to weigh out at between 15 and 20 pounds...
these birds have been raised on non medicated feed with lots of greens available, they also got 2 cups of cracked corn daily between 16 of them, and a flat of fodder (either wheat or barley grass) twice a week.

Hello everyone! I just found this group and thought I should say hello! My name is Michele - I live in western Pa near Indiana. This is my first year with chickens, have 2 flocks/coops currently.

Where is Mount Joy in relation to State College?!

I may be all over that!

Is there a way to request them unbrined? We have a person who is found the whole process of smoking including their own brine!

Where is Mount Joy in relation to State College?!

I may be all over that!

Is there a way to request them unbrined? We have a person who is found the whole process of smoking including their own brine!
I do not brine any of them, they are sold freshly processed, I could probably get them as far as lewistown area , i have family near lewistown hospital.

ATTENTION!!!!!

CPT Course & BYC Animal Husbandry Session
(Certified Poultry Technician)
Currently 2 dates

December 3 2012
Lancaster Farm and Home Center
Lancaster, PA

March 7 2013
USDA AG Building
Harrisburg, PA

ALL interested individuals attending NEED to fill out the CPT Application and submit to address on the application.

Anyone needing the CPT app. email me @ [email protected]

Make posters , tell your friends, rally your local 4H and enlist your BYC friends. These sessions will include Dr. Gregory Martin with Penn State for all your Animal husbandry questions. And the largest portion is the CPT training by Dr. Nan Hanshaw with the PA Dept. of Ag, Chief of Animal Science Division.

These two folks do not normally come together for a session. We have two dates, two sessions, and we have them both together! This is a GREAT opportunity!!! I can't stress this enough. Dr. Hanshaw will be available to answer all your NPIP, PEP and poultry disease questions. Dr. Martin will be there to answer your raising, maintaining and breeding questions.

Thanks,
Chad

Back
Top Bottom