Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

:wootLittle Miss Squirrel went to our local wildlife rescue today. I had not seen her pee or poo, and I read they have to be coaxed to do it.

The rescue had SO many baby squirrels! They estimate mine was about 4-5 weeks old. They said at this age, they will climb towards anything bigger, thinking that it’s a Mama. In a few weeks that changes, apparently. She is in good hands, when working, I don’t have the time to bottle feed. :)

Glad she's in good hands! I told my mom about your little squirrel... She started reminiscing about her pet squirrel when she was little lol. Apparently, Tiny was so friendly with people that he'd always seek them out.

Western Pennsylvania!
:welcome Welcome from Berks County! :D

I'm in Mercer County. Not far from you. I only have chickens so far. I would love to have a goose someday.
Well, if you're talking about geese go no further! In fact I actually have a pair of Pomeranian Saddlebacks that should (hopefully) be starting to lay some eggs soon. Unfortunately my boy is really distracted by the others in the coop next door so I might have to put up a privacy curtain. Also if the research that @LeBlackbird did on the color genetics I might actually have sex linked geese! :fl

How much do you guys sell your eggs to neighbors? I get about 12-16 eggs a day. and the kids have slowed down on eating eggs so I'm getting over run with eggs.

I do mine for $2/doz. $1/half doz. My duck eggs are $5/doz. but i've never actually gotten a full dozen out of them before. Hopefully that'll change with the amount of ducklings I've got.

:wootLittle Miss Squirrel went to our local wildlife rescue today. I had not seen her pee or poo, and I read they have to be coaxed to do it.

The rescue had SO many baby squirrels! They estimate mine was about 4-5 weeks old. They said at this age, they will climb towards anything bigger, thinking that it’s a Mama. In a few weeks that changes, apparently. She is in good hands, when working, I don’t have the time to bottle feed. :)
You did a great job helping her out. I've raised squirrels and skunks. To get little babies to eliminate take very warm water, dip a cotton ball into it so it's just wet not dripping, and emulate a licking motion. You'll get results, guaranteed.

Sorry about the losses in your family.

So my chick with the wry neck seems better. We had 70 degree weather yesterday so I took them all outside for their first time on grass. The wry neck chick had no problem keeping up with the others, digging for worms, etc. She cannot look up all the way yet but she had less shaking episodes. I hope she continues to improve :fl
4EAA9711-6D52-483E-97DB-30B8032034DD.gif

So my chick with the wry neck seems better. We had 70 degree weather yesterday so I took them all outside for their first time on grass. The wry neck chick had no problem keeping up with the others, digging for worms, etc. She cannot look up all the way yet but she had less shaking episodes. I hope she continues to improve :fl

This is excellent news! Remember, you'll have to continue to treat her for a few weeks after she seems to be fully healed to prevent a relapse.

I think my geese may have gone after the mailman today :oops: I hope I'm wrong but I had a box of eggs coming today and the box was on it's side on the top step of the screen porch and half soaked. That never happens. My boxes are always inside the screen porch and in front of the door. I guess it could've been a different person today but still. I'm a little concerned if I can get in trouble for it. I'm thinking that I may flag him down tomorrow and ask/apologize :oops:

Back
Top Bottom