Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Box of 50 plastic egg cartons, brand new, $20. This sells for about $50 retail at eggcartons.com. Will also include a ceramic heat element for the coop, brand new never used. Local pickup in or near Glen Mill, PA. Call or text 610-888-5329.
IMG_5081.JPG

Here is my English splash from Martha. She is wonderful and going to be humongous! She is already bigger than my Welsummer hen! She is almost twice the size of the aumaurcanas I got from Dennis who are close in age. Does anyone know where I can get (safe) colored leg bands so I can tell those amerucanas apart?View attachment 1406032 View attachment 1406034 View attachment 1406035

Go to TSC or your Local Feed mill and ask them if they have "Chicken Charms" legbands if you'd like something pretty to go on your girls. If you really don't care about charmed legbands or any hoo ha like that, just get colored zip ties (that's honestly all Chicken Charms are, except they come with charms that go on the zip tie). It's how I tell all my blacks apart because well... let's face it. They all look the same.

Does anyone have experience with Porcelain D’Uccles? I have three that I purchased from TSC as chicks. Two have very nice muffs/beards, and the other one does not. Does this mean I have two Roos and a female? They all seem about the same size otherwise.

I've had one porcelain before, but if I remember correctly all D'Uccles should have a beard. Lemme just check my standard real quick. -2 hours later- YUP! Both should have beards.

Hi guys. This is Sam,I met a couple of you yesterday out at York. I realized I didn’t actually have myself on here so I figured I’d change that. Is this the PA thread you told me to jump into!?

SAAAAAMMMM!!!! :celebrate:hugs:welcome I'm so glad you could join us! @LeBlackbird should be popping on at some point...hopefully??? She's been kinda busy (but that's Susan).

SO! Show update! I had a BLAST at the show yesterday with Susan and I got to meet @Blarneyeggs and @Blackrose21255 of course! I wound up actually running into Mrs. Yost and gave her my business card before I realized who she was!!! :eek: I also met and talked to Valerie and her Husband, Valerie is the lady that built and runs poultryshowcentral.com !! Her 2 year old was running around trying to escape with his stroller while we were all trying to get packed up so thankfully we caught him before he escaped. lol

The gang did pretty good, I really need to find someone with show quality Rouens so I can get a nice pair to add to my flock and improve all my lines. I actually need to get a duck coop going because apparently that's why they aren't laying is because they're in with chickens... ugh.

Klaus was the only Buff Pomeranian Saddleback there, poor boy was freaking out when he was cooped in cause he didn't know what was happening until he had a neighbor duck (then he was fine). He almost got Reserve Medium Goose! I was super surprised! It went to the Sebastapool though. Talked to the Judge so I know what to work on for next time. (For stuff I can fix with him he needs to put on some weight, the stuff I can't fix right now is how far down his color comes, I need to make that better but no one has Buff Poms anywhere. I'm probably going to have to put in a Privett order:th).

Little Butt was the only Splash Cochin Bantam so he got Best of Variety but dear god he couldn't hold a candle to the other cochins. Thankfully I have chicks that should help fix all of that if it works out okay.

Speaking of a Privett order, if I actually go through with this does anyone want to split/combine with me? I honestly only need a couple of Goslings and don't need anything else so if anyone wants to join in and help meet the minimums/make it cost effective to ship I wouldn't mind one bit.

Oh man they are the bane of my existence. Now this color will be sexable in another week or two. At this point it’s still a guessing game.

No it's just...ugh. Okay so it's on the Berks County facebook group, this one lady and her son joined and... well I'm starting to think she's not the shiniest apple in the barrel. Which is fine cause hey that's how ya learn is ask questions and find stuff out. But at the same time... I literally said that they were only 3-4 weeks old (the chicks I'm trying to sell) and she's automatically assuming that I know what sex they are. :th

Ya gotta be patient with the newbies. I think the feed stores having sexed chicks makes people think it is easier to tell than it is.
I will be getting chicken charms--I am lazy they are on amazon. Thank you all for the replies!
Dennis's sex linked blue layers--my two could have been clones. I called them Orchid, because I never could figure out the slightest difference, even though they hung out together and side by side comparison was constant. The lavender Ameraucanas are tough too--except one has a VERY upright tai and I am guessing he may be a he.

Back
Top Bottom