Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

What became of the black chicks from Easter time... ‘14 I think? I remember they were rare. Did they meet your expectations?

We had to sell out, the family farm was auctioned off after my inlaws passed. We made the choose to not stay there and ended up moving north to mifflin county.
Love it here but we are now isolated away from family and attempting to start over.
We bought 10 acres. Old 100 year old place that brings with it the problems of being old but it is 100% ours, so very worth the hassles.
I believe you are referring to the hedemora pen, great birds just wish I could of spent time working with the breed before life changed.

@OneMountainAcres
I am not a crafty person and have no idea what that is but it looks like an awesome present.
Currently unemployed myself, searching for part time but no luck so far.

It's a cricut maker. I just found out about these things a few weeks ago (From someone on here even!). Best thing ever!

Good luck on the job hunt. It's a really tough market right now. It seems like the only people hiring are fast food, convenience stores and Walmart :/ Keep an eye on this page:
https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/pabureau
A friend of mine pointed me here and that's how I ended up with my job. It's constantly changing. A lot of stuff on there you have to have some kind of degree but there's also a lot of good ones that end up popping up that you don't. I'm a "semi-skilled laborer". For the most part, I clean bathrooms, cut grass, pick up litter, empty trash and paint. Just depends on what the park needs done. No degree needed, just had to take a civil service test.

We had to sell out, the family farm was auctioned off after my inlaws passed. We made the choose to not stay there and ended up moving north to mifflin county.
Love it here but we are now isolated away from family and attempting to start over.
We bought 10 acres. Old 100 year old place that brings with it the problems of being old but it is 100% ours, so very worth the hassles.
I believe you are referring to the hedemora pen, great birds just wish I could of spent time working with the breed before life changed.
I forgot you moved. Silly me. I hear you on upkeep of an old property. :oops:

@OneMountainAcres
I am not a crafty person and have no idea what that is but it looks like an awesome present.
Currently unemployed myself, searching for part time but no luck so far.

Are you willing to travel to State College? Most of our empoyees here are from Lewistown area. People in State College only want service jobs. Most people working in production lines are from Lewistown, Altoona, etc. You may be able to find someone for car pool. I used to do the opposite thing when I worked at Lewistown though.

Are you willing to travel to State College? Most of our empoyees here are from Lewistown area. People in State College only want service jobs. Most people working in production lines are from Lewistown, Altoona, etc. You may be able to find someone for car pool. I used to do the opposite thing when I worked at Lewistown though.
I am just off of 522 between lewistown and huntingdon. Not sure I would want to travel the mountain for part time work.

I am just off of 522 between lewistown and huntingdon. Not sure I would want to travel the mountain for part time work.

It all depends on how much they pay you. :gigI know several people living in your area work part time at State College for at least $22 per hour. And because so many people are doing it, lots of them car pool. And most full time workers choose to work 5am~2pm, so they can go home to pick up their kids from school. I'm so used to a empty buidling after 2pm now.

Three eggs in four days! :highfive: I am so happy!! I’ll be happier when I can stop collecting them “just in case.” :lol: I really don’t expect to get through the winter without chicks. I swore I’d keep a dozen eggs on hand as soon as they began laying again.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom