Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Life is really kicking my butt. Got a broken ankle and a kid in the hospital :hit

I missed the Lebanon Show, but I hear the York Show is this weekend. Hope the rain doesn’t mess things up for them.
Oh, no! That is miserable! I hope you both get on the mend soon.
I have been basically housebound myself recently but am starting to get out a bit. All I can suggest is give yourself a break, don't push too hard and treat yourself to some down time whenever you get a few minutes even.

We have a new family member! Everyone meet Smores! She's almost 7 years old and we were told that she's a German Shephard x golden retriever. I kinda doubt the retriever but who really knows. She was my BIL's dog. We have a lot of work to do with her. Not only is she very very overweight (she's easily 100lbs or more) but she is terrified of new people. I don't think she ever got any socialization outside of the house. She's interested in trying to play with/ chase the cats so we have to work on that. I guess it's a good thing that she's so fat right now that she can't really chase them. Hopefully by the time she loses some weight, they'll all be buddies lol

20211030_130426.jpg

We have a new family member! Everyone meet Smores! She's almost 7 years old and we were told that she's a German Shephard x golden retriever. I kinda doubt the retriever but who really knows. She was my BIL's dog. We have a lot of work to do with her. Not only is she very very overweight (she's easily 100lbs or more) but she is terrified of new people. I don't think she ever got any socialization outside of the house. She's interested in trying to play with/ chase the cats so we have to work on that. I guess it's a good thing that she's so fat right now that she can't really chase them. Hopefully by the time she loses some weight, they'll all be buddies lol

View attachment 2883367
Congratulations! I love the facial expression :)... I definitely see the shepherd, but would have guessed boxer as the mix, maybe lab. Whatever the mix is it resulted in a pretty girl. I'm sure she will eventually come to an agreement with the cat. The socializing with humans may be a longer process but having a 'safe' person with her will give her a chance to come out of her shell.

Congratulations! I love the facial expression :)... I definitely see the shepherd, but would have guessed boxer as the mix, maybe lab. Whatever the mix is it resulted in a pretty girl. I'm sure she will eventually come to an agreement with the cat. The socializing with humans may be a longer process but having a 'safe' person with her will give her a chance to come out of her shell.

She's definitely latched on to my husband. I think he reminds her of my BIL. She's a little leary of me but she's loosened up a bit. I don't think my SIL paid much attention to her at all. Boxer is a good guess! We may have to see what her shape is once she's not barrel shaped lol. As far as the cats go, Monro is helping the process a little. He's 14 years old and was raised by dogs. He always liked them and really doesn't mind that she's here. He was getting a drink earlier and Smores was just sniffing him all over. Hopefully, he sets a good example for the younger ones. Ollie and Ivy are going to be the tough ones. They're 6 months old and have never dealt with a dog before. Ollie has been trying to assert himself. He does the Halloween cat pose when he walks by and has come up to her a couple times, looking curious and interested just to to smack her on the nose (yes, they all have claws). Ivy is starting to venture out a little... painfully slow, but spends most of her time hiding under our bed, peeking out.

Here's Ollie, keeping a close eye on the situation

20211030_153431.jpg

And here's Monro just hanging out with dogs. First picture was the weekend we were babysitting my parent's golden retrievers. The second one is him just hanging with our old terrier mix, Rocky. I couldn't find any with him cuddled up with our old Siberian Husky. She was his best friend for years.

IMG_20190712_094918.jpg
IMG_20180827_223529.jpg

A few days ago, I saw that they were calling for a chance of snow Thursday, but we didn’t have to turn off our spigots. Now it’s going to be in the twenties after tonight. Just a reminder for everyone to keep an eye on spigots and waterers.

Back
Top Bottom