Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

@TillyPeeps - 3 of the sexlinked Ameraucanas hatched Monday. 1 black is a definite female, looks like the 2 lavenders are a pair, but the lavenders are easier to sex when they are about 5 or 6 days old.
I can bring them along when I travel to Woodbury (Bedford County?) on August 20th. I can also bring some genetic hackles and cream legbars for @OneMountainAcres if she wants.

I have more due to hatch on the 22nd, and could ship some then. Not sure how many I need to put into a box in August to keep them warm enough, but not too warm. Not a far trip, but shipping in less than ideal temps adds some risk. I would really hate for you to receive a box with dead chicks. That happened to me once years ago and it is traumatic.
Sent you a message. It would be really great if I can get two girls. Hopefully, you can bring some chicks with you. If not, I can always pick them up from your place later.

@TillyPeeps - 3 of the sexlinked Ameraucanas hatched Monday. 1 black is a definite female, looks like the 2 lavenders are a pair, but the lavenders are easier to sex when they are about 5 or 6 days old.
I can bring them along when I travel to Woodbury (Bedford County?) on August 20th. I can also bring some genetic hackles and cream legbars for @OneMountainAcres if she wants.

I have more due to hatch on the 22nd, and could ship some then. Not sure how many I need to put into a box in August to keep them warm enough, but not too warm. Not a far trip, but shipping in less than ideal temps adds some risk. I would really hate for you to receive a box with dead chicks. That happened to me once years ago and it is traumatic.

Sounds good. I believe I'm going to be able to meet you. I'm off work so the only complication is making sure DH can drive DS to his check in for orchestra but I don't think that will be a problem :)

Edited to add: you don't happen to have an extra ameraucana roo do you, black or lavender? I have someone breathing down my neck for silkie feathered ameraucanas but I don't have a roo lol. I still have 1 silkie feathered hen and one that I believe is split.

Sounds good. I believe I'm going to be able to meet you. I'm off work so the only complication is making sure DH can drive DS to his check in for orchestra but I don't think that will be a problem :)

Edited to add: you don't happen to have an extra ameraucana roo do you, black or lavender? I have someone breathing down my neck for silkie feathered ameraucanas but I don't have a roo lol. I still have 1 silkie feathered hen and one that I believe is split.
I doubt the silkied gene is in my flock any more. If you want a regular black Ameraucana, I think there are some of those running around the farm. If you use him with your silkied, you could get some black splits and take one of the roos back to the silked hen, or cross 2 splits together. It all seems like a lot of work for a big maybe.

Caught a gorgeous black Ameraucana roo today. I will bring him for you next Saturday. He has been running feral on the farm, but tamed down so easily once I caught him.

Everyone meet Gypsy! He/she was dumped at the state park that I work at a few weeks ago with a duck companion that he/ she was bonded to. They eluded capture by the rangers until the other day. Gypsy was found wandering alone and was caught. I think something got the duck :( Gypsy has a rip and a hole in his/ her one foot. He/ she is scared but not the least bit aggressive and is getting along well with the turkeys and our gander, Sunshine. Any thoughts on breed or sex?

20220813_090840.jpg
20220813_091704.jpg
20220813_091647.jpg
20220813_092136.jpg

Everyone meet Gypsy! He/she was dumped at the state park that I work at a few weeks ago with a duck companion that he/ she was bonded to. They eluded capture by the rangers until the other day. Gypsy was found wandering alone and was caught. I think something got the duck :( Gypsy has a rip and a hole in his/ her one foot. He/ she is scared but not the least bit aggressive and is getting along well with the turkeys and our gander, Sunshine. Any thoughts on breed or sex?

View attachment 3222467View attachment 3222468View attachment 3222469View attachment 3222470
It’s a girl because I say so, and I’m soooo glad you have her. Seriously, you know she’s already happy, and I’m betting Sunshine is too.

Would anyone on the Eastern/South Eastern side of PA or Western NJ be interested in a 16/17 week old EE cockerel? He’s just started crowing last week at 15/16 weeks and our township doesn’t allow roosters. We have a flock of 10 (9 pullets + roo) outside of Philly and I hate the thought of taking him to a butcher just because he’s the wrong sex. He was hatched the week of April 10th and was supposedly an EE pullet when I got him (that was obviously wrong! 😄) I know there is a farm animal rescue in Bucks County, but figured I’d ask here among the chicken folks first! Thanks!

Attachments

• 3CE1CD59-1C3E-42D6-8E86-DBE9A88B6B9F.jpeg
    3CE1CD59-1C3E-42D6-8E86-DBE9A88B6B9F.jpeg
    489.5 KB · Views: 1
  • AD99198D-282C-419A-BF42-8E62A22B605F.jpeg
    AD99198D-282C-419A-BF42-8E62A22B605F.jpeg
    518.2 KB · Views: 1
  • B5C33AF7-A3BA-44C6-9304-79C6AACE1D3C.jpeg
    B5C33AF7-A3BA-44C6-9304-79C6AACE1D3C.jpeg
    630.2 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom