Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

27F139CE-1AE2-4DC1-882D-336FA0FDF8F4.jpeg

I don’t have roosters. My noise makers are still programmed to attack when they think you have treats, and will wake you at an ungodly hour. They also have the same housing needs if you have Seramas.
View attachment 3324443
Looks like some of them have the "Frizzle" gene.
I had guinea pigs as a boy and they bit me, so I stick to birds now. Seems safer.

Hello everyone, I am trying to figure out if anyone knows who has quality marans preferably dark, and egg color is also important. thanks tons!
Hey Sally! Haven't heard from you for a long time. I have a line of Blue/Black Copper Marans that lay very dark eggs. The new pullets are starting to lay a little, maybe 4 to 6 eggs a week now. This pic is from the eggs their mothers laid as pullets last December. I don't turn on the lights to lengthen the days until late December, so the hens that laid these are taking a hiatus now, hopefully they start up in January or February.
I am not turning the incubator back on until January, maybe later, but I can give you some eggs now if you want to incubate. I tell people buying eggs to keep the humidity low (in the 30's) until lockdown. Even then most people find them harder to hatch.
Send me a PM when you are ready for eggs or chicks.
DarkEggs02.jpg

Hey Sally! Haven't heard from you for a long time. I have a line of Blue/Black Copper Marans that lay very dark eggs. The new pullets are starting to lay a little, maybe 4 to 6 eggs a week now. This pic is from the eggs their mothers laid as pullets last December. I don't turn on the lights to lengthen the days until late December, so the hens that laid these are taking a hiatus now, hopefully they start up in January or February.
I am not turning the incubator back on until January, maybe later, but I can give you some eggs now if you want to incubate. I tell people buying eggs to keep the humidity low (in the 30's) until lockdown. Even then most people find them harder to hatch.
Send me a PM when you are ready for eggs or chicks.
View attachment 3342622

Hi Dennis! Awesome, what lines did you start from? I certainly will, your plenty close, I will probably want to incubate, since I don't get the opportunity anymore, and grands would be excited to watch and learn as well. That said, I may not have time to do so, so I may ask for chicks come spring or eggs for a broody hen.

@OneMountainAcres has silkies still… I think.
I think she doesn't separate her chickens in winter, so she may not have silkie chicks now.

Hello! Central, PA here. About half an hour out from state college. I'm trying to find a silkie roo, if anyone has any they're wanting to sell. Also open to hens. But mainly looking for a rooster. ☺️
Hello neighbor! I'm close to State College too.

Back
Top Bottom