Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

104559_img_0607.jpg

Our new chicks arrived and they are doing well....
big_smile.png

Cherl

Last year I sprouted the oats from my feed mill. Aren't they supposed to sprout? We just bought whole wheat, rye and oats again-- enough to have some to sprout into winter. I get them from a farm mill in eastern Lebanon county. Farm mills are getting scarcer than hen's teeth and the grain price is going through the roof!

Quote:
You have a dog named Kona? So does my cousin and she spent a period of time in Hawaii

my nephew loved my Kona so much he named his dog Kona too! It's a great name!

It is cold today,and yes Hannakat i hate the cold and snow anymore,i wish i was able to move south!I just do not know if i would be able to leave the kids and gr kids:confused:

Last edited:
Quote:
I was warm and comfy under the covers with the chiweenie curled by my side. One of my dogs is a Chihuahua/Doxy mix so we call her a chiweenie. She's the first one to run and dive under the blanket.
big_smile.png

It does seem like the coop's little windows need covered already. We have plexiglass that DH installs when the temps drop. I actually did lean a board over the side that gets the wind last night. I had already covered the end and side of the run to stop some of the wind yesterday a.m. I was surprised by how cold and windy it was. I have plastic that is cut to fit each area to enclose their run...kinda gives an extension on the coop and keeps the snow out.

Oh, big THANK YOU, Leslie, for the grain! It came!
yippiechickie.gif
I'm sooo excited to try this.

Enjoy the sun you fellow western PA folks! (don't know what the weather is out east or in central PA
hu.gif
still praying for all those who had flooding)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom