Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Quote: I know, I know...... I think my grown ones scared Chads Courtney today, she was like OMG their huuuuugge! until she saw the brahma coop
lau.gif

The neighbors a few doors down have some turkeys. I just know they are gonna join the wild flock that likes to scare the crap out of me.

Has anyone heard about this ice storm supposedly coming through? How bad is it supposed to be?

The neighbors a few doors down have some turkeys. I just know they are gonna join the wild flock that likes to scare the crap out of me.

Has anyone heard about this ice storm supposedly coming through? How bad is it supposed to be?
who knows how bad it will be, my husband says if its as bad as they're making it out to be, we're staying home,not trying to go to the shop, not worth wreaking the car, and to be honest, since i quit smoking, i don't have anything to calm my nerves lol so i'm all for staying home
gig.gif

I'm kinda nervous about this. Ice storms in Oklahoma means no power for 3 plus weeks. I don't want to do that right now thank you very much! I can't afford to lose power right now! I've got eggs in the incubator daggnabbit!

x2
big_smile.png

Question, does anyone own turkeys up here? Do you guys have any problems? I'm doing that project this year, just trying to get a good idea of what I'm up against!

I have Turkeys. I made sure that I bought some that were raised by a broody chicken. I only have one pair of Royal Palms. They live right in the barn with the chickens, they go in at night to sleep, and Tommy treats the chickens like he is guarding them too. I don't know if they are "normal" or not. I had a pair of Bourbon Reds the year before and they got way to mean with the chickens. They get bigger too. Royal Palms, Midget Whites, and Black Spanish I think stay smaller. When I say smaller I mean 20 lbs for the tom. My cousin raises Blue Slate. There Thanksgiving turkey had to be cut in half, to be put in the oven. The bird was 9 months old and 40 lbs. That's a lot of turkey!!!

4 of eggs hatched around the same time.....the one egg I thought was coming from my barred rockhas a very rhode island red chick inside
ep.gif
.....Hmmmmm not sure sure the ole gal is laying..
D.gif
run chicky gonna take ur butt and trade u in for a new model.

Back
Top Bottom