Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

5 months? Oh gosh, definitely girls! No sign of Rooster hackles, No saddle, no feather reflection. Combs/wattles aren't extremely pronounouced or bulky and they aren't full of color. A 5 month old rooster would have pointy, shiny saddle feathers and hackle feathers by now. My NHR are just starting to get them at 10 weeks.

They are pullets I think.  They are 6 months?  They would have hackle and saddle feathers by now.  The one looks like she is about to start laying.

Thank You guys So much! Such a relief! I didn't want to have to get rid of them! They are so nice! LOL! And it's good to know one will lay soon (how can you tell BTW?).

Quote:
gig.gif
Good One!

Well here a question for dog owners...any suggestions for keeping my girl from licking/eating chicken poo? I caught her going to town on a spot on the edge of the brooder....

They'll start "squatting" for you. And they may start singing the egg song.

LOL! I love being sung to! LOL! The egg song...sounds pretty interesting.

So I started feeding them an egg laying mash. However I am finding that the mash gets stuck in the feeder (doesn't come down) as easily as the pellets. So I kind of have to spin the feeder to get it down. I don't want to have another feeder on the ground because its so much cleaner hanging it from the rafters of the coop. Any suggestions??

Any idea what breed or gender these 2 chickens would be?
Too young to tell gender yet As for breed, the first looks silver based. Are these birds bantam or standard? Where did you get these from? Second definitely strikes me as Columbian based. Columbian Wyandotte maybe? What kind of comb do they both have? I doubt either of these are EEs, none of the classic signs like beards or slate/green shanks and feet. Their patterns seem too specific to be EE

Back
Top Bottom