Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hey Joan. I haven't bought any personally, but a lot of people on the swaps do he seems to have a good reputation there so I would think he is legit. Can't speak as to the quality.

frow.gif
Good Morning All!!
caf.gif
I am trying to catch up, been alittle busy, so in the mean time, here are a few pic of my first chickens....ever!!
We received them on Friday. They are settling very nicely. This morning they had their first batch of FF (first time I ever made it), it came out perfect!!! WOW..They LOVE it!! They are Wyandottes. The larger of the two is a Black Laced Red, the other a Partridge...They are both 5 months old. We are enjoying sooo much, that whole "chicken TV" thing is now fully understood!!!
pop.gif
Tell me what you think...truly! Been on here long enough to know honesty is the best policy! Hope you enjoy them as much as me!!!
Here is their new home! We are in the process of making a "lean-to" to cover everything. I will have a "play-by-play" picture story on my "profile" a little later...haven't had the time...
tongue.png

Welcome home!....

Black/Red

Partridge

Yeah, that's me...like a kid!!! This little girl sat on my lap yesterday! sooo nice!
love.gif

Okay, I apologize for the HEAVY-pics
hide.gif
, but I think you ALL understand!!!! I will try to keep things to a more reasonable level next time!!
Will be getting better pics of them today, hopefully in the sun. Their black shines "green" . Enjoy!!

Quote: we decided to go ahead and give it a try, now which one ???s anyting better or worse for the chickens ??
Quote:
frow.gif
Good Morning All!!
caf.gif
I am trying to catch up, been alittle busy, so in the mean time, here are a few pic of my first chickens....ever!!
We received them on Friday. They are settling very nicely. This morning they had their first batch of FF (first time I ever made it), it came out perfect!!! WOW..They LOVE it!! They are Wyandottes. The larger of the two is a Black Laced Red, the other a Partridge...They are both 5 months old. We are enjoying sooo much, that whole "chicken TV" thing is now fully understood!!!
pop.gif
Tell me what you think...truly! Been on here long enough to know honesty is the best policy! Hope you enjoy them as much as me!!!
Here is their new home! We are in the process of making a "lean-to" to cover everything. I will have a "play-by-play" picture story on my "profile" a little later...haven't had the time...
tongue.png

Welcome home!....

Black/Red

Partridge

Yeah, that's me...like a kid!!! This little girl sat on my lap yesterday! sooo nice!
love.gif

Okay, I apologize for the HEAVY-pics
hide.gif
, but I think you ALL understand!!!! I will try to keep things to a more reasonable level next time!!
Will be getting better pics of them today, hopefully in the sun. Their black shines "green" . Enjoy!!
so happy for you not sure i could have shown the level of patience that you have.

Oh my godddd. What's been going on here for the past week? There's hundred of new posts and I don't even know where to start reading. This was finals week for me at college so I sort of swore off the internet as best I could. What's up chicken-owners! I'm home free for the summer.
wee.gif
We just picked up our last chicks from the feed store today and they're so small they walk right through the older chick's legs. I've nicknamed them the Cotton Balls. Two little silver-laced wyandottes.

My babies are here, just picked them up about 2 hours ago, sooooo excited
celebrate.gif

Soo cute!!!
love.gif
..congrats!
Oh my godddd. What's been going on here for the past week? There's hundred of new posts and I don't even know where to start reading. This was finals week for me at college so I sort of swore off the internet as best I could. What's up chicken-owners! I'm home free for the summer.
wee.gif
We just picked up our last chicks from the feed store today and they're so small they walk right through the older chick's legs. I've nicknamed them the Cotton Balls. Two little silver-laced wyandottes.
Have funnn!!! Enjoy your summer & good luck on your finals!

I hope mine will be as adventurous when it comes to what they eat. I hate snakes!!! Thankfully my cats and the one dog usually kill them before I see them. Of course my son is obsessed with getting a pet snake someday....
hmm.png
I had a pet snake, Garder. He was very pretty. Very easy to care for & doesn't smell, no hair/fleas...all that messy stuff! I think they are one of the best things to start with, besides fish!, at least w/ snakes you can handle them. I used to let mine out in the yard(w/ supervision of course!), to get some"exercise"...haha

Quote: may need to have you come out and take better look, I am not good at picking plant locations,gonna go ahead and put 1 in run this year,,,plan is a small orchard area, just not sure whhere or how,
there's a keiffer pearr tree now that goes waste because I can not figure out how to use them..also a couple black walnut trees,,the squirrels are the only one that can open them

I have bought birds from papabrooder. I had an awesome hatch rate for eggies coming from California! I got 15 English Orps, and 3 b/b/s Ameraucana. Highly recommend him! I wanted to say that all 3 AMs hatched and 12/15 Orps hatched.

Hey Joan. I haven't bought any personally, but a lot of people on the swaps do he seems to have a good reputation there so I would think he is legit. Can't speak as to the quality.

From what I know, he's good. I don't think I've gotten anything from him recently thought.
Thanks everyone for the responses! I'm not quite to the point where I need/want the eggs I'm just doing my research first.

Back
Top Bottom