Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Question ... when I asked the ag store where I ordered my chickens - I asked where they get their chickens from, they didn't give me a name they only said they were in Cincinnati Ohio. I had a look online and the only one I could find is this http://www.mthealthy.com/ anyone know anything about them, other than what is on their website??
hu.gif

I was disturbed to say the least about the section they have devoted to this

Quote:
barnie.gif
being new to all of this, anyone have any thoughts about it??

Quote:
I have 4 EE's from Mt. Healthy right now. 10 wks. old. Anyone who bought from The Mill during chick days would too. Interesting.

I have 4 EE's from Mt. Healthy right now. 10 wks. old. Anyone who bought from The Mill during chick days would too. Interesting.

How are they all, I was debating getting EE's for the egg side of it to show our 4 year old - he would be totally fascinated lol but I went with barred rock. Do you have any pics of them?

Our EEs might be from Mt. Healthy, too. I think that's one of the hatcheries our feed store orders from.
hmm.png

Today I weeded the vegetable garden for about two hours. The darn thing was overridden with nasty weeds and things. Could hardly find the spinach among them. And then my mom and I built this nice little tractor pen for our 7-week-olds. No wheels, but it's kind of light and easy to move around the yard. I just carried all five chicks on my shoulders and arms out the pen. I felt like the chicken mom version of a cat lady.
lol.png

Here's a few pictures if you guys are curious. I don't know if you use things like this for your growing chicks. We cant move them to the big coop yet since they're still small compared to our two-year-old hens.

Our EEs might be from Mt. Healthy, too. I think that's one of the hatcheries our feed store orders from. :/ Today I weeded the vegetable garden for about two hours. The darn thing was overridden with nasty weeds and things. Could hardly find the spinach among them. And then my mom and I built this nice little tractor pen for our 7-week-olds. No wheels, but it's kind of light and easy to move around the yard. I just carried all five chicks on my shoulders and arms out the pen. I felt like the chicken mom version of a cat lady. :lol: Here's a few pictures if you guys are curious. I don't know if you use things like this for your growing chicks. We cant move them to the big coop yet since they're still small compared to our two-year-old hens.
Very Nice! We too have put together temporary outdoor runs for the 'teenagers'. Does the top come off of this so you can catch em?

Very Nice! We too have put together temporary outdoor runs for the 'teenagers'. Does the top come off of this so you can catch em?

Yeah, the top is a lid! =) I'm so glad we built this. The big chicks are just too big to be in our guinea pig cage duplex with the younger chicks. I do put the big girls back inside at night though, since it's pretty frosty outside right now. Can't wait til it warms back up enough to leave them out full-time. This pen thing is handy too, because we can just plop it inside the big run when it's time to integrate the chicks into the larger flock.

Is everyone getting their chicken chores done today? We got our main coop cleaned out, sprayed with Sevin, treated every last chook with Ivermectin and I'm making some progress on the milk stand for the goats. Time for a shower and a glass of wine, then back out there and work on that run I started in November. ARRRRGH! At least it's not hot.

I made it to the feed mill that's about it, straw & feed still in my car, woke up and could barely move my neck, it still hurts, so weird... So hopefully tomorrow I can unload my car, and clean the coop. Also I wasn't a fan of the chill in the air.. Brrrrr to cold!

My Yacky, finally a mom! Shes been trying since I got her 4 years ago! Found that they hatched by accdient! I was just checkin up on her and the eggs... I then seen a little yellow under her chest so I moved her.. and here there where 10 faces looking at me!! All little yellow butts!!! All will be white!!

Quote: They look fat and healthy. I could get pictures tomorrow. The picture taking novelty wore off with me somewhere around the 30th chicken. LOL! I do absolutely think a couple EE's are a must have for a layer pen, along with Black Copper Marans. I love the Marans dark brown eggs even more than the pretty blues.
Our EEs might be from Mt. Healthy, too. I think that's one of the hatcheries our feed store orders from.
hmm.png

Today I weeded the vegetable garden for about two hours. The darn thing was overridden with nasty weeds and things. Could hardly find the spinach among them. And then my mom and I built this nice little tractor pen for our 7-week-olds. No wheels, but it's kind of light and easy to move around the yard. I just carried all five chicks on my shoulders and arms out the pen. I felt like the chicken mom version of a cat lady.
lol.png

Here's a few pictures if you guys are curious. I don't know if you use things like this for your growing chicks. We cant move them to the big coop yet since they're still small compared to our two-year-old hens.

Nice pen. I should show you the rigged up mess I constructed for my teens, LOL! I didn't dare ask DH to build me one more enclosure (he's gonna have to build one for the Call Ducks) so I rigged it up myself. I have too many temporary pens for chicks, UGH! I am not hatching anymore until I get the winter blues. Then it will probably be a batch of BCM's and hopefully some Barred Hollands.

Back
Top Bottom