Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I just split an order from mthealty with my Cousin. She ordered 30 day old White Rocks and they are all now 8 weeks old and healthy. I do have one with a bad leg but that can happen even with your own hatches. It's my first time ordering from them but she orders all the time with no issues.

My Yacky, finally a mom! Shes been trying since I got her 4 years ago! Found that they hatched by accdient! I was just checkin up on her and the eggs... I then seen a little yellow under her chest so I moved her.. and here there where 10 faces looking at me!! All little yellow butts!!! All will be white!!

Those pictures are amazing!!!
love.gif

wondering what DH has in mind or what he did....he went to the distributor this morning and brought back a case of seagram's and a case of frozen seagram;s mixes for me....I very seldom pick up either one simply because i hate to pay the price.....

silkie i will be in touch with you this weekend for quail eggs

does anyone else have quail eggs available local before i go ordering them...need both cot and bobwhite variety..
I just shipped over 50 to Sara for Ancona eggs but I have a few collected. 1 of my Tennessee Red hens has started laying & I have a few of her eggs too. They are still resettling from me adding 14 new birds last weekend so production is down but should pick back up. They are already starting to lay again.

Question ... when I asked the ag store where I ordered my chickens - I asked where they get their chickens from, they didn't give me a name they only said they were in Cincinnati Ohio. I had a look online and the only one I could find is this http://www.mthealthy.com/ anyone know anything about them, other than what is on their website??
hu.gif

I was disturbed to say the least about the section they have devoted to this

Quote:
barnie.gif
being new to all of this, anyone have any thoughts about it??
I've heard this too. Apparently the health department has cited them twice in the last 2 years for this.

Quote: They look fat and healthy. I could get pictures tomorrow. The picture taking novelty wore off with me somewhere around the 30th chicken. LOL! I do absolutely think a couple EE's are a must have for a layer pen, along with Black Copper Marans. I love the Marans dark brown eggs even more than the pretty blues.
Our EEs might be from Mt. Healthy, too. I think that's one of the hatcheries our feed store orders from.
hmm.png

Today I weeded the vegetable garden for about two hours. The darn thing was overridden with nasty weeds and things. Could hardly find the spinach among them. And then my mom and I built this nice little tractor pen for our 7-week-olds. No wheels, but it's kind of light and easy to move around the yard. I just carried all five chicks on my shoulders and arms out the pen. I felt like the chicken mom version of a cat lady.
lol.png

Here's a few pictures if you guys are curious. I don't know if you use things like this for your growing chicks. We cant move them to the big coop yet since they're still small compared to our two-year-old hens.

Nice pen. I should show you the rigged up mess I constructed for my teens, LOL! I didn't dare ask DH to build me one more enclosure (he's gonna have to build one for the Call Ducks) so I rigged it up myself. I have too many temporary pens for chicks, UGH! I am not hatching anymore until I get the winter blues. Then it will probably be a batch of BCM's and hopefully some Barred Hollands.
You don't even want to know what some of our "rigged" pens look like.
gig.gif
We use as much recycled material as possible & some look pretty funny.

i am so coming to your house. will even work for good jello shots....

Where does your mom live? Fire and alcohol sound like a good evening.

You had me at jello shots!!!

ahem...X3...4 and 5...

Well, I have left overs and enough stuff to make at least another 50 shots. It was an okay night. I didn't get nearly as stupid as I wanted to. I was ready to come home at 10:30pm. Man, I must be getting old...

My Yacky, finally a mom! Shes been trying since I got her 4 years ago! Found that they hatched by accdient! I was just checkin up on her and the eggs... I then seen a little yellow under her chest so I moved her.. and here there where 10 faces looking at me!! All little yellow butts!!! All will be white!!

Very cute! Congrats!

Nice pen. I should show you the rigged up mess I constructed for my teens, LOL! I didn't dare ask DH to build me one more enclosure (he's gonna have to build one for the Call Ducks) so I rigged it up myself. I have too many temporary pens for chicks, UGH! I am not hatching anymore until I get the winter blues. Then it will probably be a batch of BCM's and hopefully some Barred Hollands.

You can hatch chicks in winter? What do you do when they outgrow the brooder, but can't handle the cold?
I'm considering hatching some myself if one of my new pullets goes broody later this summer and I can get a hold of some fertilized eggs.

You don't even want to know what some of our "rigged" pens look like.
gig.gif
We use as much recycled material as possible & some look pretty funny.

And the pen is only nice because my mom pretty much built it; I helped a little. She's a wizard with building things like this and even just built her boyfriend one of those fancy pants coops. I wish our ten year old coop looked even half as nice.
If I had built the pen, our neighbors would probably walk up and down the sidewalk staring and pointing and laughing behind their hands. Oh suburbia.
roll.png

OMG, they are so cute!!! They are sooooooo yellow!!!! Awesome
love.gif

Absolutely adorable! Almost makes me want ducks. Almost.

Nice! I miss my muscovies. They have a lot of personality. 10 is a nice number of babies.

Back
Top Bottom