Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

This made me chuckle, you see I was told today that "Dark" Beer given will help her milk come in faster! I don't have any!
whattt???
hu.gif
...dark beer will make a few things happen faster
smack.gif
, but I never heard of it helping with milk??!! But what do I know????
tongue.png

yep...I am working on grapes, Blackberries and blueberries....unfortunately my cherries went bust ....harvesting is a great activity for kids...the old school bberries are mostly Jerseys....

Of course they are, all good things come from Jersey

That's the weirdest thing I have ever heard!

But I forgot to mention- they are adorable!

Ok, why it quoted this...and not the one I wanted is beyond me...but yes, my sister's OB told her the same thing for humans. It helps the milk come in better, and the babies accept it. We're not talking get drunk, we're talking like 4 oz.

ok, just one for the sake of 'pics or it didn't happen'
Baby Goats!!!! awweeee
1044604_478902852201870_1903383455_n.jpg

2 Boys and 4 Girls! Thank God that's over! what a looooong day! I need a refreshment I get way too stressed!
Baby PUPPIES... Awwwwweeee

And let's keep the good news going! semi good news anyways!!
UPDATE!! I broke down and took Lil Dave to the vet! I know have a pretty expensive Roo that I will need to find a home..hmmmm.. BUT! His Poo came back with high levels of Cocci, so it is treatable and hopefully that was the cause of his issue, a few weeks of antibiotics and hopefully good as new!!!

I also did research on Cocci, and found this really good web site, see link below!

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/coccidiosis-what-backyard-chicken.html

I do! I do!
Sometime with the yeast! Oatmeal does the same, as does fenugreek.
yesss.gif

[I could answer something and it wasn't about chickens...boy do *I* feel special]

[regarding beer & lactation]

Last edited:
ok, just one for the sake of 'pics or it didn't happen'
Aww love me some baby goats!!
Hey Hatch buddy! Excited and worried about sums it up! Colash kidded this morning, 2 boys. I have been stressed to the point of tears more than once, but not in front of the kids. the kids (people kids) have been amazing! My son caught kid #2 and my youngest is the most amazing deulla. she managed after hours of trying to get both kids nursing! woo hoo. pics when thngs settle down here a bit. now just Lily left.
Always crazy when goats are having babies!! You won't settle til they are all born and nursing well!! Good luck buts sounds like you are off to a GREAT start!
1044604_478902852201870_1903383455_n.jpg
2 Boys and 4 Girls! Thank God that's over! what a looooong day! I need a refreshment I get way too stressed!
Aww w love puppies well anything baby is so cute!!
This made me chuckle, you see I was told today that "Dark" Beer given will help her milk come in faster! I don't have any!
Yes have heard that beer helps with lactation even in humans! Never tried it but was told it is true!!

I do! I do!
Sometime with the yeast! Oatmeal does the same, as does fenugreek.
yesss.gif

[I could answer something and it wasn't about chickens...boy do *I* feel special]

[regarding beer & lactation]

Fenugreek works well for humans while you are waiting around for your milk to come in

... just saying lol

Back
Top Bottom