Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

"You can do the Wazine, and should worm for sure, but just the other day I was realizing that fall last year was when my mite epidemic hit, UGH! Gonna kill all the pests with one stone and do the Ivermectin Pour On drops, and be a step ahead. Probably this weekend."

We went to TSC..they didn't have the Ivermectin(pour on)...they didn't have alot of things i thought would be obvious, but what do i know
tongue.png
...disappointing really...Going to try to get the dosages figured out today, maybe if I start early enough I will get it
idunno.gif
I had a hard time finding it too. We have about 5 Mills around here, and only 1 that carried it. I paid around $40.00 for it, got to use it twice and my 3 year old found it and dumped it all over my basement. I have to say though, that since my first treatment with it I have yet to see any mites, and I have the peace of mind that they don't have the worms. Just love the stuff.

In my experience at tsc, a lot of things aren't where I expect them. Medications and treatments seem to be scattered, some with poultry, some with horses, some with cattle, some with house pets. Some stuff is in different packaging for different species. I've gotten to know the people that work there and always ask.
Feed is a different story, they never have enough, getting to know what day the truck delivers so I can get some regularly, lol.

In my experience at tsc, a lot of things aren't where I expect them. Medications and treatments seem to be scattered, some with poultry, some with horses, some with cattle, some with house pets. Some stuff is in different packaging for different species. I've gotten to know the people that work there and always ask.
Feed is a different story, they never have enough, getting to know what day the truck delivers so I can get some regularly, lol.
Good Point. It is cattle pour on so probably in the cattle section?

Sad day today... For those of you who knew of my hen Rags, the hen i did the internal laying surgery on. Well last night we had a fox, or some kind of predator break in to our grow out pen. She was the proud mommy of 8 chicks. Today Rags is no longer with us. The fox got her and 5 of her chicks. I found three of her chicks wondering around our yard this morning. The kids and i went in to detective mode. We found what was left of Rags but no sign of the other chicks. So my only assumption is that the predator got them too. The three chicks that are left seem unharmed, they are eating, drinking, and eating normal. I don't know how they do it. I would be devastated if something like that happened to y mom.. But i guess that is what makes us human... Anyhow, i had errands to run today so i tied my dog out by the pens to make sure it didn't come back while we were gone. Over the rainbow bridge you go Rags, maybe I'll see you some day... :(

Anyone know where I can get some food grade diatomaceous earth in the delco area?
LC:

Pickering has some, but its small bags and really expensive...I've also been informed that its great stuff but become alot less effective after rain....I have no direct experience with DE.....two cents....

PA chicken lover---------------I am very sorry to hear about your chicken loss. I would be very very sad to find this situation. I cant imagine finding "parts" of my beloved pets!
let alone just having them gone..............I get rather attached and all..............sounds like you do to...........

thinking about you and your family.............

good luck raising the chicks.........glad they survived!

On a happier note................I would like to encourage this group to continue to talk pumpkins and chickens............its seasonally correct and kinda fun..................I am eager to share some pumpkins with my girls ...............as soon as this hot weather passes a bit!

Back
Top Bottom