Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Any one want an 8 month old French black copper Maran? He is getting aggressive and has come after me the last 3 days. I am 14 weeks pregnant. :) and I don't want him around anymore. I can bend over and pick him up and carry him now, but Wong be able to in the near future. He thinks he's protecting his hens, but I don't want to wait till he hurts someone and my legbar rooster is mature to take his spot now. He is beautiful, but if he ends up in the freezer so be it... He has chased off a hawk, so if you need a strong protector and don't have kids around, he would work. Free.

wow!! that could potentially be a lot of chicks..
Would have been a lot more if two of the nests hadn't been raided a week or two ago. At that time each girl had about 15 each, that were all developing. Now we're down to maybe 20 max, not gonna complain and I got the culprit the other night, or at least a potential one.
Any one want an 8 month old French black copper Maran? He is getting aggressive and has come after me the last 3 days. I am 14 weeks pregnant.
smile.png
and I don't want him around anymore. I can bend over and pick him up and carry him now, but Wong be able to in the near future. He thinks he's protecting his hens, but I don't want to wait till he hurts someone and my legbar rooster is mature to take his spot now. He is beautiful, but if he ends up in the freezer so be it... He has chased off a hawk, so if you need a strong protector and don't have kids around, he would work. Free.
I can't take him, but congrats!!

Any one want an 8 month old French black copper Maran? He is getting aggressive and has come after me the last 3 days. I am 14 weeks pregnant. :) and I don't want him around anymore. I can bend over and pick him up and carry him now, but Wong be able to in the near future. He thinks he's protecting his hens, but I don't want to wait till he hurts someone and my legbar rooster is mature to take his spot now. He is beautiful, but if he ends up in the freezer so be it... He has chased off a hawk, so if you need a strong protector and don't have kids around, he would work. Free.

Congratulatioins!!!!!

My silkie wasmsitting on 4 silkie eggs and 1 turkey egg. Moved her to her own coop for hatching her eggs in peace. When I moved her, couldn't find 2 silkie eggs. ( I hope I don't have egg suckers in the silkie run) Today found the turkey egg cracked and no poult to be found. The 2 silkie eggs hatched and went to check on them and found the little black one dead under the yellow one's butt. Will the yellow one be ok alone with momma?

Does anyone else get humored by seeing their chickens run? When I walk into the yard they all run at me full speed (probably thinking I got food) and I just love the way they run, fat chickens wobbling back and forth as they go!

Does anyone else get humored by seeing their chickens run? When I walk into the yard they all run at me full speed (probably thinking I got food) and I just love the way they run, fat chickens wobbling back and forth as they go!
pop.gif
love watching them run..they remind me of very large running backs...arm out, plowing over everyone and everything!!
lol.png
wasn't it a bugs bunny carton that had a hen doing that? hahaha...wow, i have been watching too much of football!!
My silkie wasmsitting on 4 silkie eggs and 1 turkey egg. Moved her to her own coop for hatching her eggs in peace. When I moved her, couldn't find 2 silkie eggs. ( I hope I don't have egg suckers in the silkie run) Today found the turkey egg cracked and no poult to be found. The 2 silkie eggs hatched and went to check on them and found the little black one dead under the yellow one's butt. Will the yellow one be ok alone with momma?
oh no
hugs.gif
..I hope she will be okay alone w/momma....is there usually an issue with only having one chick to a hen?
Any one want an 8 month old French black copper Maran? He is getting aggressive and has come after me the last 3 days. I am 14 weeks pregnant.
smile.png
and I don't want him around anymore. I can bend over and pick him up and carry him now, but Wong be able to in the near future. He thinks he's protecting his hens, but I don't want to wait till he hurts someone and my legbar rooster is mature to take his spot now. He is beautiful, but if he ends up in the freezer so be it... He has chased off a hawk, so if you need a strong protector and don't have kids around, he would work. Free.
So happy for you! awesome!! congrats!!!
bun.gif
....he sounds like a very good protector, especially if free ranged!

Back
Top Bottom