Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

All four of my turkey are toms : (. Guess I'll have to try next year. I really thought I had one hen, but she started to grow a beard. Hopefully I'll find someone who its hungry for thanksgiving. I only need one or two for the holidays, so I guess I have two extra.
I have the opposite problem, those 2 wishard bronze I got seem to both be hens, so much for breeding that pair

Speaking of 'extra' birds, I have 2 Narrigansett tom turkeys that I'd like to find homes for. Out of 6 that I have, 4 are males. The eggs they were hatched from came from a farm that sells Narris as dressed heritage birds in the DC area, as well as at local farmers markets. They'd make good breeding stock. Since they hatched late in the season, I wouldn't recommend them for Thanksgiving dinner - maybe for Christmas, though.

I'll also have 2 muscovy drakes available. Both hatched midsummer 2013, and have only recently gotten their adult feathers. One is dark green and white pied, and the other is white with black spots on his head.

I've also got a 'spare' nice cuckoo Marans cockerel from Nicol Perry eggs. Her selection criteria are dual purpose birds, and she has won Marans club egg shows with her line.

Wow, lots of extra toms out there,,,let me do some research, I wanted to keep the wishard pure, but that is not looking possible,,,need to consider what other breeds would bring.......also looking for midget white turkeys for the spring..
Hubby thinks I should look for a sweet grass breed of tom,,,not doing, I do not want to lose the coloring or personality of the wishrd

Speaking of 'extra' birds, I have 2 Narrigansett tom turkeys that I'd like to find homes for. Out of 6 that I have, 4 are males. The eggs they  were hatched from came from a farm that sells Narris as dressed heritage birds in the DC area, as well as at local farmers markets.  They'd make good breeding stock. Since they hatched late in the season, I wouldn't recommend them for Thanksgiving dinner - maybe for Christmas, though.

I'll also have 2 muscovy drakes available. Both hatched midsummer 2013, and have only recently gotten their adult feathers. One is dark green and white pied, and the other is white with black spots on his head.

I've also got a 'spare' nice cuckoo Marans cockerel from Nicol Perry eggs. Her selection criteria are dual purpose birds, and she has won Marans club egg shows with her line.
you got pics and prices on those tom's and drakes

Hope everyone is having a good day. We had so much "fun" yesterday. Gavin's sick (going on day 2 today of fever and vomiting), I was stuck at the ER for 4 hours myself for...uh...abnormal bleeding (no I wasn't/am not pregnant). Then I get home to find the runt chick missing and a message from a neighbor that she lost a silkie hen to a hawk. Today ain't much better...

Some upsides are:
Gavin's bio-whatever didn't even show up for the support reevaluation, that he filed for, so it's been dismissed and he'll need to refile.
Even with Gavin being sick he's worried about me with my current issue, and has been trying to cuddle with me and asking how I feel, all day and last night. Poor kiddo feels like crap and he's still worried about me, no wonder I feel so blessed to have him.
Another good thing is, since his birthday was Sunday, Gavin is now old enough to handle animals at 4H and is a regular member now. Penn State sent out a message to all the clubs that Cloverbuds are no longer allowed to handle or even touch animals at 4H events/meetings.
Oh and some of our Seramas have begun to lay, along with some of the ducks and Miss Nya (the mallard hen) is starting yet another nest, this time under one of the sheds. That little lady wants to be a mom something fierce.
I gotta find the good in each day anymore, the way things have been going.

Welcome to any new people, nice looking coops and chicken pics from everyone too.

Back
Top Bottom