Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hatch day was Wed. to Thurs. this week! I finally have a moment to post some pics! Thanks to Troyer and Chiques Chicks for the eggs! Of the 7 Americauna, 3 Easter Eggers, and 5 Swedish Flower Hens, we had a great hatch rate: Mama pushed 1 SFH out of the nest day 1 after I set them (I guess 15 was 1 too many); and the rest hatched except 1 A and 1 SFH. Not bad for me leaving for vacation and letting Mama do the work! Gotta love my Black Australorp! This was her second time hatching and she was a trooper!

To Troyer & Chiques: Do you think wing feather sexing has any chance of working on these babies? I observed all of them & made note of how they feathered but I know that's not a reliable method unless the breeding is set up correctly.

The bottom pic is the 3 SFH. They are so cute! Ok, they're all cute but I'm in love with the variety in the SFH breed! And of the Americauna, I was tickled to get a mix of lavendar and black.

I am so lovin' these chick pics!!!

I will have to let you know where to find me, the in laws are moving out on august 1st, hate to put it this way but they are finally moving to a retirement home, where they will have the daily care that they need....they do not want the house sitting empty, but we will not make the move without guarantees, so still up in the air.
No problem...if it works for you- great, I would love to "get my hands dirty"
wink.png
,... if not though,..i completely understand! I am so very glad to hear the in-laws are going to be at a facility for the care they need, without having to worry about up keep of a property.
I know it is hard to leave everything you've worked for ..we had to., not something I think anyone wants to do, but sometimes, we are only left with that option. Fortunately, we had the ability to come back..not in health, but..at least we are here. Anyway, I hope the situation is rectified in a positive manner for everyone. My thoughts are with you Wing.
I did not notice earlier today that the bantam Cochin were trying to hide something but when I went to change out the waterers for the last time today, I seen this looking at me,, ( all I had was my phone )

oh my..so cute!! they are sharing?...hahaha

Roseschickies, sorry for your losses. I can offer you new babies if you want - cuckoo marans ( or the blue adults) blue Ameraucanas or salmon faverolles.

Wing, ha ha on hubby's new toy. I'd be excited too.
I may take you up on that offer! I think I may hold off a little, till I get this fox, afraid for my girls at the moment. And I may look Sally since I have alway wanted a few of hers.

Thank you for all of the offers and sympathy!

sorry for being a thread hog ....
tongue.png
...finally got caught-up!
Hello & Welcome to the new peeps!
frow.gif

Looks like we are going to get a good storm, hopefully the mountains will break it up a bit before it gets to us
fl.gif
Have a few pics to share, down to the last broody..and I gave in and gave her some beautiful Marans eggs **MC gave me..she is awesome!
There were 6 eggs, but unfortunately she broke one. She did NOT like the nest box, she was insistent on keeping to the floor..so, okay
roll.png
..go with the flow...

I made these "lil-bites" cupcakes...
droolin.gif
, strawberries & mint from the garden, eggs from the girls. Oranges from florida
wink.png
..hahaha...

The garden is doing very well, already enjoying cauliflower/broccoli/sugar snap peas/lettuces/yellow & green beans...

Looking forward to cucumbers/zucchini/yellow squash...

PUMPKINS!!!
yippiechickie.gif

3 out of 5 hens are laying right now.. The 3rd hen finally laid today, she was one of the broodies. I have increased their protein in the hopes that will spur the other two to "kick-in". Of the two that are not laying, one was the other broody.
I am wondering ..**Is there normally a "delay" in laying after a hen has been broody? It has been almost two weeks since these two "ex-broody" girls have laid..now, just today the one did, but good grief..I feel like I have been waiting forever
hmm.png
...only getting two eggs a day is very depressing....
I don't know what issue my partridge is having, she has not laid for a while now....no parasites..no worms..she is not egg bound, nor is her crop sour. She eats, drinks, forages, socializes....but sometimes she will be just standing there looking like she has been "partying" all night..seriously...could she be upset from all this broody-stuff, or the fact that one hen has eggs?? Can chickens be depressed?....Trying not to sound like an idiot, but failing...i know
roll.png

Some two-legged cuteness
love.gif
We were playing with sand this morning & chalk, (it's on her lips..don't ask
roll.png
..)

sorry for being a thread hog ....
tongue.png
...finally got caught-up!
Hello & Welcome to the new peeps!
frow.gif

Looks like we are going to get a good storm, hopefully the mountains will break it up a bit before it gets to us
fl.gif
Have a few pics to share, down to the last broody..and I gave in and gave her some beautiful Marans eggs **MC gave me..she is awesome!
There were 6 eggs, but unfortunately she broke one. She did NOT like the nest box, she was insistent on keeping to the floor..so, okay
roll.png
..go with the flow...

I made these "lil-bites" cupcakes...
droolin.gif
, strawberries & mint from the garden, eggs from the girls. Oranges from florida
wink.png
..hahaha...

The garden is doing very well, already enjoying cauliflower/broccoli/sugar snap peas/lettuces/yellow & green beans...

Looking forward to cucumbers/zucchini/yellow squash...

PUMPKINS!!!
yippiechickie.gif

3 out of 5 hens are laying right now.. The 3rd hen finally laid today, she was one of the broodies. I have increased their protein in the hopes that will spur the other two to "kick-in". Of the two that are not laying, one was the other broody.
I am wondering ..**Is there normally a "delay" in laying after a hen has been broody? It has been almost two weeks since these two "ex-broody" girls have laid..now, just today the one did, but good grief..I feel like I have been waiting forever
hmm.png
...only getting two eggs a day is very depressing....
I don't know what issue my partridge is having, she has not laid for a while now....no parasites..no worms..she is not egg bound, nor is her crop sour. She eats, drinks, forages, socializes....but sometimes she will be just standing there looking like she has been "partying" all night..seriously...could she be upset from all this broody-stuff, or the fact that one hen has eggs?? Can chickens be depressed?....Trying not to sound like an idiot, but failing...i know
roll.png

Some two-legged cuteness
love.gif
We were playing with sand this morning & chalk, (it's on her lips..don't ask
roll.png
..)

Your granddaughter is adorable and I am beyond jealous of your garden! It's a veritable jungle of awesomeness

It is no wonder hubby and I are putting weight on, I cut up a 5.5 pound chicken into 8 pieces and put it on the grill along with 2 baked potatoes for each, and made side salads.....

:oops:. We ate every last bit of it..

It has only been about 45 minutes and he just asked me what is for dessert....?how does ice cream sound?

Back
Top Bottom