Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I'm close to ErinsFlock in Punxsutawney, Pa!! (Pssst...looking for laying hens or started pullets from anyone in the vicinity). Hello all you fellow Pennsylvanians!!

Howdy CRF:

I'm in East Whiteland....and about a 1/2 hr from you. You are welcome to stop by and visit my 'situation'. When you get birds, they should be cold hardy(easy research on my pet chickens)....and you will want your birds approximately 5mos old by the time serious cold sets in...imho, if your birds are cold tolerant, then no ancillary heat is necessary....they will huddle up when it gets real cold and chickens have been surviving the cold as long as man has....there are more than a few folk on here who could set you up with a starter flock

I have two coops/two pens, one purchased and one a home made grow out coop...I personally think draft free is more important than well vented....then again, I have some birds who got some frostbite last winter....

Thank you for the offer. So sweet! I picked the breeds I want and definitely went cold hardy. I'm sort of in the position right now where if I get them now they'll be just old enough for cold in January. I wanted to wait till my coop was done to get my birds in case of any snags on the building process. I don't really want to wait till spring to get them, but I may have no choice

Thank you for the offer. So sweet! I picked the breeds I want and definitely went cold hardy. I'm sort of in the position right now where if I get them now they'll be just old enough for cold in January. I wanted to wait till my coop was done to get my birds in case of any snags on the building process. I don't really want to wait till spring to get them, but I may have no choice

I believe in JITCB (Just In Time Coop Building). Go ahead and get the chicks now, then you'll have an incentive to get the coop done.
What breeds did you pick, BTW?

I believe in JITCB (Just In Time Coop Building). Go ahead and get the chicks now, then you'll have an incentive to get the coop done.
What breeds did you pick, BTW?

Haha. I believe in that too, my husband is on the fence, lol. He works second shift and is paranoid he won't finish in time or money will need to get used elsewhere.

I want a black Australorp, buff orpington, silver laced and golden laced Wyandotte, barred rock, Easter Egger and salmon faverolle.

Hello everyone! I am so happy I found this thread. I am new to chickens, we got our 4 girls 2 months ago. My husband is already working on building a bigger coop, I am just in love with these girls and ready to add more to our family! We live about 35 miles north east of Pittsburgh, just wondering if anyone else is close.

Howdy Erin:

A big Chester Co. hello....what do you have? (and what are you looking for?)...lol

I'm close to ErinsFlock in Punxsutawney, Pa!! (Pssst...looking for laying hens or started pullets from anyone in the vicinity). Hello all you fellow Pennsylvanians!!
Hello and welcome!
frow.gif

you are in my neck of the woods.. we are in Glen Campbell area. We will probably have hens/pullets available within the next 6 weeks or so, right now I have a commitment for 4 pullets and am waiting for one of the broods to show for sure pullets vs roos so I will be able to know what I will have left. I will also have 3 Buckeyes (1 is 16 weeks or so and the other 2 are 11 months and laying already)

How many are you looking for and do you want only hens and is there any size, breed, egg color you want in particular?

The green label next to my posts says "Overrun with chickens", and that is too true. Last week I passed the "500 chicks hatched" marker and the incubator is still cranking. I added 40+ eggs tonight to hatch for a friend. You think someday we'll be in a program to help us overcome our obsession?

Luckily, I can quit anytime I want . . .

Back
Top Bottom