Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

mount joy, lancaster county
be aware, these are eastern wild turkeys. nowhere near as pretty or as meaty as you are used to with the Bourbon Reds..
they are a hatch from last june and just starting to breed, have not found any eggs yet, just witnessing the ritual

Are they tame? My experience with wild-type gamebirds (ringnecks, bobwhites and mourning doves) is that even captive bred, that get panicked whenever people are around. Our existing turkey are very tame and they will come right up to you, looking for treats. If they were tame enough to tolerate people walking by them all the time, I would consider putting them into an aviary we have close to the house.

I wonder what a Midget White crossed to an Eastern Wild would produce?

Turkeys. :-D

We will pass this time around, not quite what we are looking for.
Ok. If anyone on this thread knows of someone who might be interested please pass this along. We also have 2-3 white silkie Roos, 1 BO roo, & 2 lav Orp Roos? I was hoping to get pics of them today but didn't because of the rain.
Since you are wanting them to go to pet homes you will have trouble finding placements. It is better to just let them go & not ask for what.

well since it is really a strange object for the wife to ask for, I can see a husband wanting one though...

I do not want to drag an electrical cord with me so gas powered is a must....

All I want is a good quality gas powered pressure washer

wing
:

Most four stroke power washer don't last....the pump gives out pretty quickly....mostly the back pressure created when pulling the starter and not starting..... the electric (lower power) last longer...though you need and outlet....my two cents....power washers are a pia one way or the other....

you all know that I am not normal, and it would be something practical

I love a practical gift! Although one valentine's Day I got an ironing board from a boyfriend, had kick him to the curb. Ironing is just not in my job description. I'm assuming the power washer is for cleaning your processing space, cages, ect. Great gift.

I have not been able to find a 26% protein starter crumble for turkey and guineas, except stuff that is medicated with strong antibiotics for keeping overcrowded BB turkey poults alive. There is a mill that will make it in 1 ton lots and it ends up pretty cheap that way. Does anyone know of a local source (TSC has 24% and that's what I'm using now), or would anyone be interested in buying some of this if I get a ton delivered to Pottstown?

Back
Top Bottom