Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

So was planting some veggies in the garden last night when my son said he wished we could plant some chicken seeds so we could grow some chickens to eat
lau.gif
. So I told him we have the seven little ones (not very little anymore) that we have for eggs and we could eat them. He said he doesn't want to eat them because he likes those chickens. Soooooo how much space do meat chickens need? :D

They are about 4 to 5 weeks old. Unfortunately I had the dates in my phone and my stupid phone erased all my saved dated. My phone is a stupid phone it loves to call and text people and erase things when the screen it locked. :(

Sounds like an Android phone. Those things are horrible, so buggy.

I was just talking to a relative, he informed me that I need to decide if I want white eggs or brown eggs. If I want white, keep them penned up. If I want brown, they need to scratch in the dirt. I laughed, and said I didn't think so. He insisted. I could not politely convince him otherwise.

Haha! Where do people come up with this stuff?

If I had an incubator I might take you up on the quail offer. Maybe next year after I convince the wife I NEED a bator :D .

Haha, I don't need a gator either... But that's not saying I havent looked....:oops:

So was planting some veggies in the garden last night when my son said he wished we could plant some chicken seeds so we could grow some chickens to eat
lau.gif
. So I told him we have the seven little ones (not very little anymore) that we have for eggs and we could eat them. He said he doesn't want to eat them because he likes those chickens. Soooooo how much space do meat chickens need? :D
as I tell others, come see me and I will prove to you that meat birds can be raised the same as any other birds and not drop dead at 8 weeks.

as I tell others, come see me and I will prove to you that meat birds can be raised the same as any other birds and not drop dead at 8 weeks.

Ok I have 4 meat chickens that are HUGE and they are like 3-31/2 months old. Just wondering if I am wrong for not killing them yet.

Quote: depends on how they were raised,,,raised on traditional high protein feed these birds will not last long..
it is more of a time thing, if you want fast meat, than by all means you go ahead and feed the traditional way, if you do not mind taking extra time you can raise them the old fashioned way,of greens and grains...in my opinion and many of my customers, they taste better this way. ( my meat birds run around and fly just like my layers do )

couldn't get this pic to downsize, but this was on my facebook feed from a group...just something to think about for those with quail eggs... pickled quail eggs is one of the things I miss about the quail... I would definitely buy them
11330015_1755860174640782_6276578685096288947_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom