Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Well I have two boys 6 and 3, I'm sure in some circles that would count. I just started my flock at my mother's house this spring for something for her to do in her retirement years, aside from watching my boys. I have 3 black australorps ready to lay any day, and 10 other hens (of various breeds) ready to lay in late August, my bonus rooster ( the same age as the 10 hens), 10 meat chickens in the freezer and 3 white rock roosters in the fridge currently. I just purchased 25 meat chicks and plan to do another 25 for the fall batch. At home i have two cats and a dog. I would like to branch into meat rabbits but my sisters and mom won't eat cute animals.

Yes, kids do count. Especially boys!!
lau.gif

You have quite the operation there! Lots of meat, it seems. That is good. I am with them on the rabbits. Though more because they are rodents.
hide.gif

I have a feeling I will find a pullet egg or three today myself!
fl.gif

Well I have two boys 6 and 3, I'm sure in some circles that would count.  I just started my flock at my mother's house this spring for something for her to do in her retirement years, aside from watching my boys. I have 3 black australorps ready to lay any day, and 10 other hens (of various breeds) ready to lay in late August, my bonus rooster ( the same age as the 10 hens), 10 meat chickens in the freezer and 3 white rock roosters in the fridge currently. I just purchased 25 meat chicks and plan to do another 25 for the fall batch. At home i have two cats and a dog.  I would like to branch into meat rabbits but my sisters and mom won't eat cute animals.  

Meat rabbits are only cute until they latch on to you or scratch the **** out you. ;)

Well I feel like I'm walking into the middle of a conversation...Hi, I'm from Westmoreland County. I just picked up some meat chicks from Myers Poultry near Johnstown yesterday has anyone else purchased from them? Thanks
Hello from Huntingdon County! I will be curious about your experience with birds from Myers. We have some from Tractor Supply, and some from the Belleville sale but I was looking into getting some specific layer breeds from Myers in the future!

Well I feel like I'm walking into the middle of a conversation...Hi, I'm from Westmoreland County.  I just picked up some meat chicks from Myers Poultry near Johnstown yesterday has anyone else purchased from them? Thanks

Hello from Huntingdon County!  I will be curious about your experience with birds from Myers.  We have some from Tractor Supply, and some from the Belleville sale but I was looking into getting some specific layer breeds from Myers in the future!

Welcome! Yep, no interrupting, just joining in on the craziness.

Looks at a home today. Lots of acres, house needs a lot of work. But we can see the potential. :fl

Back
Top Bottom