Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

@Auroradream26 Don't you think these two look like your little Sprinkles that passed? They were supposed to be pure midget white, but clearly someone was squatting for any old Tom. :lol:

WP_20170921_08_10_18_Pro.jpg

@Auroradream26 Don't you think these two look like your little Sprinkles that passed? They were supposed to be pure midget white, but clearly someone was squatting for any old Tom. :lol:

View attachment 1141855

Those two are definitely royal palm. From what I understand, palms were used in the creating of midget whites. I forget where I heard that though. I have a little blue poult that hatched from a guy's midget whites too lol. Sprinkles was some kind of penciled palm with a red gene. I miss that bird :(

I need to take some pictures of the turkey babies. I just released them in the turkey coop. There's a blue penciled palm, a blue slate (?), and some kind of Narragansett.

IMG_1082.JPG IMG_1136.JPG Hi, I'm in York, Pennsylvania and have 2 white silkie roosters free to good homes. The smaller one is in the first picture (floppy comb). He's nice, but shy.
The other one (2nd picture) is some kind of silkie mix- unfeathered feet and no extra toes, and a rose comb, he is very handsome, may be of interest for breeding purposes. He is mellow and pretty quiet but also shy. Neither one is mean, just hard to catch! If anyone is interested, please let me know asap.

View attachment 1141980 View attachment 1142016 Hi, I'm in York, Pennsylvania and have 2 white silkie roosters free to good homes. The smaller one is in the first picture (floppy comb). He's nice, but shy.
The other one (2nd picture) is some kind of silkie mix- unfeathered feet and no extra toes, and a rose comb, he is very handsome, may be of interest for breeding purposes. He is mellow and pretty quiet but also shy. Neither one is mean, just hard to catch! If anyone is interested, please let me know asap.
Those are lovely roosters. Sorry you're having a tough time finding homes for them - boys are notorious for that unfortunately. Not sure if you have Facebook, but they have a feature called Marketplace, which is similar to Craigslist but this way you can actually see who you may be selling to. Good luck!

Those two are definitely royal palm. From what I understand, palms were used in the creating of midget whites. I forget where I heard that though. I have a little blue poult that hatched from a guy's midget whites too lol. Sprinkles was some kind of penciled palm with a red gene. I miss that bird :(

I need to take some pictures of the turkey babies. I just released them in the turkey coop. There's a blue penciled palm, a blue slate (?), and some kind of Narragansett.

Wow, I just thought they were inbreeds, haha! I'm not upset though, they're so gorgeous. Just annoyed I overpaid for them. When I saw them, I wasn't happy that they had black on their feathers, but the lady's kids were selling them and were so excited. I did it for the children! :lol:

I just googled them and I think you are definitely right. Now I have several types of turkeys, how cool.

Those are lovely roosters. Sorry you're having a tough time finding homes for them - boys are notorious for that unfortunately. Not sure if you have Facebook, but they have a feature called Marketplace, which is similar to Craigslist but this way you can actually see who you may be selling to. Good luck!
Just got a message from Facebook, no animals in the marketplace. Oh well it was worth a try. Thanks for the suggestion

Today was the first day that the Ayam Cemani were allowed out to free range with the rest of the crew. Last night I put them in the coop so everyone would wake up together. I think they stayed pretty close, and kept to themselves.

I was so delighted when they hopped eight in the coop with everybody else with no problems. The one girl even roosted right next to my big Tom!

Back
Top Bottom