Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

One long-awaited shipment arrived today, whole bunch of Ameraucanas. Such cute little butterballs
1312288-17b107a092aa2bf0bb6aba602bd4bd64.jpg

1312289-4182fb248d89b0f11945f1ac4f2c3105.jpg

Hey everyone, just wanted to say hi, I’m new to the thread, I live in New Tripoli, right in the Lehigh valley...... if anyone has good leads on chicks feel free to let me know please!
Welcome from Berks County!! :D :welcome If you're looking for more heritage/rare breeds, @LeBlackbird just got a bunch of Black Copper Marans that she was planning on doing as Point of Lay birds. I have two Bielfelder roos right now that need a good place to go and a bunch of wyandotte eggs in the incubator (Not sure if they're all pure SLW or SLW/Bantam mixes we'll see). And if any of that doesn't tickle your fancy, @dheltzel should have you covered!

One long-awaited shipment arrived today, whole bunch of Ameraucanas. Such cute little butterballs
1312288-17b107a092aa2bf0bb6aba602bd4bd64.jpg

1312289-4182fb248d89b0f11945f1ac4f2c3105.jpg

:wee I'm so excited!!!!! I can't wait omg. Do I need to come over and give you hand with them???

Welcome from Berks County!! :D :welcome If you're looking for more heritage/rare breeds, @LeBlackbird just got a bunch of Black Copper Marans that she was planning on doing as Point of Lay birds. I have two Bielfelder roos right now that need a good place to go and a bunch of wyandotte eggs in the incubator (Not sure if they're all pure SLW or SLW/Bantam mixes we'll see). And if any of that doesn't tickle your fancy, @dheltzel should have you covered!

:wee I'm so excited!!!!! I can't wait omg. Do I need to come over and give you hand with them???

The Black Copper Marans sounds fantastic! I’d be interested in all of them honestly, looking for a great variety of everything

What kind of timeline do you think everyone is looking at for any of those birds?

IMG_1572.JPG

Oh my goodness guys! I think this little creeper may have been hanging out all day! I only checked the broody briefly this morning to make sure they had water and food. I kept the run door shut because I knew I would be at work until late. Hubby shut her little door to her coop, but probably didn't look up either. I think she has her chicks, I poked her to disturb them and I heard a lot of peeps.

The opossum was so scared, he was clinging to the wood for dear life. I had to pry him off and put him on the ground. I'm surprised my dog didn't eat him. But she did like the chase when he started to waddle away. Can you imagine how funny it would have been to see a broody chicken scare a big opossum?!

D
IMG_1577.JPG
IMG_1580.JPG

@AnneInTheBurbs
Glad you had them tucked in! Scary how fast predators can get in.

View attachment 1323504

Oh my goodness guys! I think this little creeper may have been hanging out all day! I only checked the broody briefly this morning to make sure they had water and food. I kept the run door shut because I knew I would be at work until late. Hubby shut her little door to her coop, but probably didn't look up either. I think she has her chicks, I poked her to disturb them and I heard a lot of peeps.

The opossum was so scared, he was clinging to the wood for dear life. I had to pry him off and put him on the ground. I'm surprised my dog didn't eat him. But she did like the chase when he started to waddle away. Can you imagine how funny it would have been to see a broody chicken scare a big opossum?!

DView attachment 1323497 View attachment 1323499

Wow, what a scare! Glad you got him out of there! Hopefully he's scared enough to not come back again!

I'm super excited! I have blrw hatching eggs on the way! Now if only USPS can cooperate with these eggs and get them here safely...

I got shipped egg anxiety too! 26 due on the 7th, blue salmon faverolles :fl:fl crossing my fingers for good juju for both of us

I hope both hatches go well! :jumpy :fl:jumpy

Back
Top Bottom