Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hey all you chicken experts... Does it REALLY matter what direction my chicken coop door, person door, and windows face? Will it be SUCH a terrible thing if my chicken door faces Northwest, person door faces Southeast, and windows face Southwest? I've been reading wind rose data sets for Pennsylvania and I am overwhelmed...:thHaha!

(My nesting boxes will be underneath the windows and dark, as recommended.)

I don’t know that it especially matters. Especially since roosts should be below the windows. The door should be free of drafts, so no problem there.
I attempt to keep wind direction in mind when I can though. Just because it’s been so awful the past few years here.

An example is the direction of the opening to the box I have in the quail pen.

I don’t know that it especially matters. Especially since roosts should be below the windows. The door should be free of drafts, so no problem there.
I attempt to keep wind direction in mind when I can though. Just because it’s been so awful the past few years here.

An example is the direction of the opening to the box I have in the quail pen.
Ahhh. Roosting bars should be below windows, height-wise? My roosting bars are currently going to be accross from the windows in the coop...

And, yes. Maaco is gorgeous. I'll be right over for a playdate. Please and thanks. I really do miss my Great Pyr... Fencing in my property is next on my list. Then I can rescue a pup!!

Back
Top Bottom