Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

:hugs You never would have made it a few years ago. Back in the olden days (‘13-16’ I think), we had a large group of chatter boxes. @LittleMissPurdy and I were not very talkative though. Nope, we were very very quiet!
View attachment 1729556

Hehehehehe.
This app is a bit clunky... If we were on Group Me, I'd be much more annoying. :ya I'd also probably never get anything done due to the constant post alerts... :lol:

Hi! I’m in York county... moved here from md (not far from here actually) a year ago... actually closed on my farm a year ago April 27.

This April 27 I’m going to the md poultry swap! Lol

Welcome from Cambria county! April 27th is a good day, that's my birthday! Though it gets less good as the years go by lol

Okay people, picture overload time!

This is just too cute!

View attachment 1729244

Mr. Possum, notice the chicken food on his nose lol.

View attachment 1729245

Our new pooch Maple. She is a husky mix, we think husky/shepherd. We rescued her in June. She was so skinnny and probably living in the streets in the south. We are still training her. We did have some issues with her grabbing a turkey chick or two when we first got her, but I think I was expecting too much too soon and she wanted to play more than hunt. There have been a few times now where the chickens or turkeys are well within her reach while she is tied out on a line, and she runs “at” them to make them run, not to grab them. She’ll be fine soon, but it’s funny to see the other dog correct her when she gets excited by the chickens. :old

View attachment 1729246

Our pit mix, who is about 10 now.

View attachment 1729247

Another pic of Maple.
View attachment 1729248

My aunts cute little Roo, who just showed up one day from the neighbors and never left. He has 3 fat girls all to himself! :lol:

View attachment 1729249

These two pictures are out of order, but I went to move the kiddy pool the other week, and look what I found behind it! Little boogers...

View attachment 1729250 View attachment 1729251

Trash picking for chickens, it’s a thing! Saw this beauty out on trash day by the curb. It was all wrapped up in plastic, and I could see a pane was broken, but I took a chance. It is a brand new window, and the pane that was broken was a double pane, so it will be fine for the cooop for some extra ventilation. What a find, it even had the mounting screws! View attachment 1729252

The newest group of chicks. They are huddled here because they don’t know where to go. I ordered from Murray McMurray this year for some variety, and because I talked a couple of neighbors into going in with an order to meet the minimum. I have 2 Jersey giants, 2 Blue Cochins, 2 Black Australorps, some Ehiting True Blue/Greens, and a few others. Pretty sure my one blue Cochin and partridge Cochin are Roos though. :hmm The good thing is, if they’re nice boys, I already have homes for them.

View attachment 1729253

Our other new addition, Kitty. She is a Moluccan Cockatoo rehomed from a friends friend. She is about 12 years old and very sweet and cuddly. But boy is she loud too. I didn’t realize when I first got her, I was reinforcing screaming patterns, so now we are trying to untrain that.

View attachment 1729254

Two days worth of eggs!

View attachment 1729255

A friend gave me this pre-fab coop that he got from a friend, and had never used.
It needed a good power washing and some paint, but now it looks great, I put some casters on it, to pull it around, and it works well now like that because the chicks can go in and out from underneath.

View attachment 1729256

One of our female ducks. These poor girls are getting so abused because Donald doesn’t have enough girlfriends. He has pulled out their head feathers and even made some of them bleed. I told hubby we’d have to get him some new girls, or rehome him. I almost fell over when he said to get him some new girls! He even wanted to come with me to Tractor supply to pick them up! They usually have some few week old ducklings at this point. I’ll be grabbing any clearance meat birds if I find them too. :p

View attachment 1729257

The new chicks are loving life outside. I will be constructing some sort of temporary run that is protected from aerial predators.

View attachment 1729258

Wow you have been busy! I hope life has been treating you well.

We are busy here too. I will have pictures when it's all done :)

Hi! I’m in York county... moved here from md (not far from here actually) a year ago... actually closed on my farm a year ago April 27.

This April 27 I’m going to the md poultry swap! Lol

Welcome! Do you have any poultry yet?

Wow you have been busy! I hope life has been treating you well.

We are busy here too. I will have pictures when it's all done :)

Thanks, its been turbulent, but I'm still very blessed.

Back
Top Bottom