Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

9A48FF3F-E8E7-4575-AFE8-2C192B554C6C.jpeg A794512E-9785-4789-A132-68EA22172A14.jpeg
How old are the older chickens? And how young are the others? I always kept the young ones in the house until they were fully feathered, then put them in the coop with no heat lamp.
My Cornish cross are 5weeks reds 4 weeks buff orpingtons not quite 4 weeks. They are almost feathered...just a few chick fuzz poking out yet lol they r cute :) the other 8 are supposedly almost 2 weeks. They r causing a ruckus in the house and no matter if I clean their pen twice a day they smell. This was the reason I kicked the others out...I figured the newest 8 will do fine with the light in one side of the coop so they can move if too hot etc. of course it will be a transition not just throwing them out....like I did with the others they have spent small amounts of time outside then after the fence is up and older ones r in new coop we can graduate to all day in the fenced run under coop. Then eventually outside (by this time they will be close to fully feathered like the last group lol. I am more worried with the older ones not having a light they haven’t had one last couple nights but it is ansmaller “house” the pics I am including are of the smaller house. I have the nesting boxes blocked off so currently the have just about half of that which helps them keep heat In im sure the other is our work in progress new coop for the older ones.

I am so furious right now! I recognize almost half of these birds. This girl bought them from me at the swaps last year! Disgusting!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155941334011583&id=365669406582&sfnsn=mo

How sad! It’s bad enough for some birds to be picked off by a predator, but this is much worse. So sorry that happened. People can be jerks.

Technically, according to the rules, you cannot even eat the chickens’ eggs. All seized animals are protected. I’ve seen a truckload of broilers that could not be eaten. :lol:

Isn’t it crazy? Nearby in Philly, last year they seized I believe 1000 meat bird chicks that someone was raising on a lot. I tried to adopt some, but I can’t lie and I told them that they have to be euthanized at some point. They said I couldn’t take them then, and they had found a vegan rescue or saomething that was going to try to raise them differently... Yeah, I wonder how that turned out. :rolleyes:

ISO...
Call ducks, prefer eggs but will consider other ( grandson really wants ducks and the space I have available would be better suited for calls)

Hello there! How are you? Long time no see. I don’t know if you remember me, but I purchased your meat birds a few years ago. I’m raising my own now. :D Hope you’re doing well. Pretty sure @dheltzel has small Australian spotted ducks.

Hey guys, check out my new chick set up. All for free! My friend had this little coop setup that he got used from someone else. It needed a power washing and a good coat of paint, and now looks lovely. The dog kennel was from a neighbor who put it up for free on our local NextDoor website. He also gave me an old plastic outdoor dog house that will be great for a broody. It also just needs a good scrub.

D0F66542-9E0C-4DD8-A2E2-3689E0327C0D.jpeg
9396BC92-A265-4194-923D-3D763A7CFCAE.jpeg

Hey guys, check out my new chick set up. All for free! My friend had this little coop setup that he got used from someone else. It needed a power washing and a good coat of paint, and now looks lovely. The dog kennel was from a neighbor who put it up for free on our local NextDoor website. He also gave me an old plastic outdoor dog house that will be great for a broody. It also just needs a good scrub.

View attachment 1735909 View attachment 1735910
I’m jelly.

ISO...
Call ducks, prefer eggs but will consider other ( grandson really wants ducks and the space I have available would be better suited for calls)

I know someone with calls. I'll get a hold of him and ask if he has them seperated. Maybe he has eggs available. If you pm me your phone number, i can pass it to him if you want.

View attachment 1735909 View attachment 1735910

Looks awesome!

@Auroradream26 Not sure of your location but I believe you are close, would you have any Turkey eggs for sale ( starting over on them also ) .

I have a grand total of 4 turkey eggs at the moment. I'm not sure exactly who is laying. I had 4 poults hatch this morning with number 5 pipped in the Hatcher. They look like mottled blacks or Rusty mottled black. 3 of my hens are broody right now and 1 is molting. The rest are being lazy lol

@Auroradream26 Not sure of your location but I believe you are close, would you have any Turkey eggs for sale ( starting over on them also ) .
Wish you were closer! I am hardboiling the turkey eggs and feeding them to the chickens, I have so many. Almost as bad with the bantam ducks, but their eggs are tasty, so I'm selling or giving them away for consumption.

Back
Top Bottom