Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

New rule. Dogs inside if I am in the coop. Boo went right past me and tried to get either Laverne or Shirley. Would not let go even when I was beating her with the shovel. As I was then dragging her out, Mabel went out the run and Fen went after her. I hope the two survive. My heart is still going like crazy from the adrenaline and I am still shaking. And my thumb hurts from where I was beating on Boo's head. There's gonna be a bruise there - I can feel it. She has a very hard head.

Lancaster County (Elizabethtown, so almost Dauphin County as well).

We've been raising layers for about 10 years now. Currently down to 7 hens (3-5 eggs a day) and I have 6 more coming in 2 weeks so we can rotate in a new flock as the older ones age out. We'll probably add 6 layers to the flock each year just to keep a constant flow of eggs.

I've been dealing with a local mill for my layer feed needs. Venturing into raising Cornish Crosses starting this week. 5 of us are going in on a batch of 65 to see how it goes. Do any of you raise small batches of broilers? I'm in need of 450# of broiler starter feed for a batch of CX's I'm picking up on Tuesday. I ordered a 50# bag from a local mill but they gave me Layer Meal and with all the lockdown stuff I'm not able to go into the mill & have to order over the phone. When I called to pick up the feed last week I told the lady that I wanted broiler starter and she seemed confused - that's how I ended up with Layer Meal. I don't want to feed heavily medicated layer feed to the broilers. Do any of you know of a mill that sells smaller quantities of broiler feed in the Lancaster/Lebanon/Dauphin county area? I can't take a direct bulk delivery (4000#) so I have to pick up 50# bags

Thanks
Jeremy

I’m not sure how far you are from Gehman’s Feed, but I believe they only require 500# for delivery.

https://www.gehmanfeedmill.com/

@VictoriaTemple ‘s beautiful pics inspired me to get my camera out yesterday while we were free ranging.

C38D55D1-896C-4C80-819A-0B5ECD59F750.jpeg

Our Herd Queen, my Lily Love ❤️

C5A5D419-7639-4605-8035-C975F9FB9F38.jpeg

Joy and her posse. That Wyandotte Rooster is a mean one! DH calls him ’that big white chicken’. And he can’t go in the yard without a stick or rake or something.

Back
Top Bottom