Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

What kind of rooster are you looking for? I have some nice black copper Marans cockerels, they’re 10-11 weeks old. Plenty of gorgeous male chicks growing up, but they’re only 2 weeks old right now.

Edit: @HeartoftheMatterFarm, he’s a beauty! Looks a lot like my Easter Egger Danny, just with more black on him. Very nice! Just curious, is that a pea comb on him or a single?
Not sure what kind he has. I know it is close to his head. It is not tall. I will try and get a better picture of it then.

Here is a closer picture of the rooster. I thought it was smaller comb. I must have been thinking of one of my hens.

4A6EE37D-3EBF-42B6-A1D5-9ED715A736D9.jpeg

Not sure what kind he has. I know it is close to his head. It is not tall. I will try and get a better picture of it then.
What kind of rooster are you looking for? I have some nice black copper Marans cockerels, they’re 10-11 weeks old. Plenty of gorgeous male chicks growing up, but they’re only 2 weeks old right now.

Edit: @HeartoftheMatterFarm, he’s a beauty! Looks a lot like my Easter Egger Danny, just with more black on him. Very nice! Just curious, is that a pea comb on him or a single?
VictoriaTemple, I’m not picky about the breed, just would like a friendly, protective rooster, a cockerel might be good so we can handle him more before he’s full grown. How are black copper marans as far as being friendly & protective? I’ve never owned that breed.

I’m not picky about the breed. We just need a good protector for our 10 hens

Marans can be great protectors because they still have a little fighting cock in them. In my (limited) experience they are attentive, SUPER smart, and aggressive toward predators, and are very willing to learn the difference between caregivers and threats. They can be anywhere from 6-10 pounds, and just have this heroic fighting streak in them I find very attractive. Of course everything depends on the individual. I will take another look at mine and see which one I think will suit you, all of mine are quite happy (for now) following my head roo, but I’m sure one of them will stand out as needing a good home. If you want, I can start trace training him so he will be better behaved. I already started with my least dominant cockerel, and he likes it a lot.

@Mccoycollector , on second thought, I’m really not sure that any of my cockerels will suit you. Watching them this evening, they really are submissive to my roo, and they get along so beautifully I just don’t think I’m quite ready to give one up. I’m sorry. It sounds like you really need an adult roo anyway. I’m very sorry I jumped the gun and offered, please forgive me.

Edit: I checked Craigslist in the York area, there are a few very handsome roosters for sale that are advertised as friendly. Might be worth checking out.🙂

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom